Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Lightning had 33 shots on goal in the 2nd period and outshot the Hawks 33-6. I wonder if that many shots in a period is a record.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
The Lightning had 33 shots on goal in the 2nd period and outshot the Hawks 33-6. I wonder if that many shots in a period is a record.

Jesus lol

I just checked and NHL.com is saying it is the record since shot/period tracking has been recorded starting in 1997.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
JT Miller is having a very JT Miller start to the season. Banished to the 4th line since game 2, only 10 shots in 7 games... Somehow has 8 points in 7 games.

Some guys seem to bust their ass, play smart hockey and not have much to show for it on the stat sheet.

Miller seems to fumble around, disappear, look lost, and look better than his play on the stat sheet.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Matt Cullen is about to become the least memorable player ever to be in the NHLs top 25 list for all time games played.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Bobrovsky has had a horrendous start to the season.

I know he's looking for a deal like Price got but someone should remind him Price waited to have his bad season until after he already signed his extension.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Bobrovsky is the streakiest goalie in the league. His inconsistent start only helps Columbus in negotiations if they wish to retain him.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Cullen is a very good player, and he wasn't bad here, but his attitude just rubbed so many people the wrong way. He also looks like a pissed off Dave Grohl.

Panthers are going to get Hughes or Kakko, and then they'll be picked as a "breakout" team for next season only to finish bottom 10 again, get another high pick, and be projected to have a breakout year in 2020-21. I don't know what it is with that team. Every year it's the same song and dance with them. They always have prospects from Europe with cool hockey sounding names, and they're the darlings of the internet community but it just never works. Their players have skill but as a team, it just doesn't gel. Not a fan of Huberdeau. Overrated. Trochek and Barkov are very good. Bjugstad/Kevin Hayes/Brock Nelson should start an a capella trio.

Bobrovsky is a great goalie...when he's not streaky or injured. If the Rangers are going to trade Georgiev because of the arrival of Shestyorkin and Huska (and the Swedish kid from round 2 this year down the line) I'm really curious what Columbus could offer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Looks who's going to the Worlds again this year ;) 40 minutes away. I will hate myself forever if I don't go.

DXlHr54.jpg

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hard to believe that Elite Super-GOAT Stud Prospect Casey Mittelstadt has only 1 measly assist in 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad