Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hard to believe that Elite Super-GOAT Stud Prospect Casey Mittelstadt has only 1 measly assist in 9 games.
Would like to remind everyone again that maybe you save the dunking for:

1. When there's been more than 9 games played
and
2. When Lias is actually producing in the NHL

Didn't see a ton of these hot takes in Mittelstadt's brief NHL appearances last year, and you know if a "pro-Mittelstadt" person said anything about it, the response would be, well it's only been 7 games! (as it should've been then, just like it should be now)...

I think my least favorite thing about Rangers fans right now is the constant insecurity about another team's prospect. Andersson is good. Mittelstadt is good. They can both be good. Let's see how it plays out. But it's like constantly talking shit about your ex's current significant other. It's over. Find a new show.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

and

Didn't see a ton of these hot takes in Mittelstadt's brief NHL appearances last year, and you know if a "pro-Mittelstadt" person said anything about it, the response would be, well it's only been 7 games! (as it should've been then, just like it should be now)...

I think my least favorite thing about Rangers fans right now is the constant insecurity about another team's prospect. Andersson is good. Mittelstadt is good. They can both be good. Let's see how it plays out. But it's like constantly talking **** about your ex's current significant other. It's over. Find a new show.

I think darko's post was more a response to people labeling Lias as a bust already. It goes both ways.

Reactions: TheTakedown

darko

Feb 16, 2009

and

I think my least favorite thing about Rangers fans right now is the constant insecurity about another team's prospect. Andersson is good. Mittelstadt is good. They can both be good. Let's see how it plays out. But it's like constantly talking **** about your ex's current significant other. It's over. Find a new show.

Relax I'm poking fun at Mittelstadt fanboys. Don't like the show? Change the f***ing channel.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

and

I mean Greg Wyshynski was saying he was going to be as good as Barzal and Corey Pronman having him ranked over Elias Pettersson in his prospect list are certainly pretty steaming hot takes. As for the Lias and Mittlesdat debates, you're right both sides need to let it go. Both are good prospects and it's getting dumb to keep talking about every little thing about them and then say how it means that "Lias sucks shoulda taken Mittelsdat" or "Mittelsdat sucks Lias is so much better"

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
nate schmidt gets a 6 year extension while serving his 20 game suspension. that will teach guys to not do steroids

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So just to highlight something @Ola mentioned last week:

I agree with his take about being worried about the offensive creativity moving forward. I watched the Preds/Sharks, Leafs/Jets, and Avs/Lightning games, and all of those teams made successful counter attacks by attacking defenders with speed and drawing defenders out of position. It opened up seams in the defenses and allowed for trailing forwards to receive drop passes and have much more open shots from the slot. I think we’ll see some of these tactics moving forward because we definitely have the skilled players to attack this way. The defensive layering is getting there too, even if I still think they’re collapsing too far and down low on Hank.

Side note: that Marchand to Pasta goal from the other night is f***ing bonkers. RIP in peace Dylan Demelo

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think a lot of Ranger fans are more irritated about having to constantly hear about Mittelstadt on these boards the last 16 months than they are insecure about Andersson.

This.

It's funny, the pro Mittlestadt group were creaming over his short stint last year and now, it's only 9 games!

He was grossly overrated last year, thats become clear. Doesn't mean that he is a bust or a lock to not become a good player, but I'm personally glad that it's silenced some of the insanity that was being thrown around here.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This.

It's funny, the pro Mittlestadt group were creaming over his short stint last year and now, it's only 9 games!

He was grossly overrated last year, thats become clear. Doesn't mean that he is a bust or a lock to not become a good player, but I'm personally glad that it's silenced some of the insanity that was being thrown around here.

Hahahaha. Exactly. When he is a PPG player in 6 games, it's all good, but when he has 1 assist in 9 games it's a small sample size

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Despite scoring 4 goals every night, the Leafs have a +4 goal differential.
Yes their defense is still horrific and that`s without W. Nylander among their forwards! :)
If I was Kyle Dubas I would move Nylander for a defender in near future.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Staying out of the latest Casey v. Lias discussion.

But generally speaking, I try not to get too up or too down with smaller sample sizes.

Zucc was clearly on the decline a week ago, and now he’s suddenly on a 72 point pace.;)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I can`t believe Nucks lead their division! :)

1-1 now vs Arizona.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Did anyone see Jim Devellano's statement about (paraphrasing) Detroit wanting to accelerate the rebuild process with an unusual course of action? Do you think he's referring to an offer sheet?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Did anyone see Jim Devellano's statement about (paraphrasing) Detroit wanting to accelerate the rebuild process with an unusual course of action? Do you think he's referring to an offer sheet?
I didn't see that, but whos the offer sheet target?

Maybe hes talking about signing a big fish free agent like EK65 or a major trade

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Still early days (and I've only seen3 of their games) but this Tampa team looks a like last years in that they are relying on the brilliance of individuals to win them games rather than cohesive, team-orientated play. Many of them really look almost disinterested at times.
They're lucky that they've got the talent to win a lot of games that way, but it will be interesting to see how they go come the playoffs, and what changes they look to make if they fall short of the cup finals again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad