Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

So much for that speculated Lucic/Ryan swap...

Good trade for Edmonton if they don't have to give up too much.

They can buy Neal out next season for just under 2M per. Granted, it would be a 6 year buyout. Still a lot better than Lucic being on the books in 2020 for another 3 years at 6M.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Good trade for Edmonton if they don't have to give up too much.

They can buy Neal out next season for just under 2M per. Granted, it would be a 6 year buyout. Still a lot better than Lucic being on the books in 2020 for another 3 years at 6M.

Neal's a much better fit in the top-six (next to Nuge specifically, given how awful Lucic looked in that spot). Frees Draisaitl to play with McDavid and (like you said) if Neal doesn't work out this season it's a much more palatable buyout long-term.

I wonder if we see Puljujarvi/Bennett involved, as theres been rampant speculation about those two as well.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Neal's a much better fit in the top-six (next to Nuge specifically, given how awful Lucic looked in that spot). Frees Draisaitl to play with McDavid and (like you said) if Neal doesn't work out this season it's a much more palatable buyout long-term.

I wonder if we see Puljujarvi/Bennett involved, as theres been rampant speculation about those two as well.

Kypreos is saying 1 for 1, but I will wait and see when it is confirmed. 1 for 1 just makes no sense because Lucic's contract structure makes him a much worse asset.

Calgary should be getting a + in this trade or Edmonton should be retaining a little bit. If it's 1 for 1, that's a huge win for the Oilers.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Kypreos is saying 1 for 1, but I will wait and see when it is confirmed. 1 for 1 just makes no sense because Lucic's contract structure makes him a much worse asset.

Calgary should be getting a + in this trade or Edmonton should be retaining a little bit. If it's 1 for 1, that's a huge win for the Oilers.

Seems to be exactly what's happening, per Eric Francis.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If it's the same plan it was a few months ago, just north of the Stampede grounds, so it can still be utilized for Stampede concerts and events, in the true heart of downtown.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Anyone else think Auston is looking a lot like Phil Kessel these days (foreshadowing)?

That hairline's got him starting to look like Ed Bassmaster. He should give a post game interview as The Hacker this upcoming season.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
New arena coming to calgary, 50/50 investment split between Calgary and CSEC. 100% owned by the city and expected to bring in $400m in revenue to the city over 35 years.

One block North of the Saddledome so can be used by the Stampede for concerts as well.

....must be nice.

EAHy814U0AAKtLn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
New arena coming to calgary, 50/50 investment split between Calgary and CSEC. 100% owned by the city and expected to bring in $400m in revenue to the city over 35 years.

One block North of the Saddledome so can be used by the Stampede for concerts as well.

....must be nice.

EAHy814U0AAKtLn

...so the city contributed 275M more than Ottawa.

I didn’t think there was an appetite for that in Calgary according to the mayor. And yet he found 275M to contribute. I think that was the right call.

Still, it certainly must be nice, but do we think Ottawa would have come anywhere close to that kind of commitment ?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Invest 275 million, get a return (hopefully) of 400 million, and have a new arena available for some public use. Seems like a win for the taxpayers....assuming the 400 return figure will be accurate.

Reactions: DrEasy and Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad