Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
on their own. For sure.

close quarters, breathing and sweating all over everybody, sharing ice and dressing rooms with one team who just shared the same ice and rooms with another team and so on.
No thanks

Doesn't someone need to have it initially? It doesn't appear out of nowhere?

I don't think it has anything to do with any of those... if every player and personnel follows protocol to the absolute I would think they are safer in this program.

Will every player/personnel truly commit to it is the issue.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Doesn't someone need to have it initially? It doesn't appear out of nowhere?

I don't think it has anything to do with any of those... if every player and personnel follows protocol to the absolute I would think they are safer in this program.

Will every player/personnel truly commit to it is the issue.

It will be a losing battle. It isn't just the NHL personnel, it is the staff working for the venue...the kitchen staff, cleaning staff...etc....

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It will be a losing battle. It isn't just the NHL personnel, it is the staff working for the venue...the kitchen staff, cleaning staff...etc....

Do they need any of that with no fans (aside from cleaning vendor). I do understand - those employees are the ones I worry about most if they are involved.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Do they need any of that with no fans (aside from cleaning vendor). I do understand - those employees are the ones I worry about most if they are involved.

Someone has to prepare food for the players and staff..and will they be allowed to go home? I would think so.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Theo Epstein hit a 50-yard field goal in support of former Globe writer Chris Snow - The Boston Globe

Former Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein hit a field goal from 50 yards out to raise money and awareness for ALS research.
Epstein, the president of baseball operations for the Chicago Cubs, was one of the latest participants in the #TrickShotForSnowy challenge, a social media campaign in honor of Chris Snow, Calgary Flames assistant general manager and former Red Sox writer for The Boston Globe. Snow has been battling ALS for the last year.

RELATED: Faith, love, and an experimental treatment fuel Chris Snow’s battle with ALS

The Flames Foundation, which created the challenge, encourages participants to “film a trick shot of any kind, post it, and nominate two others to strut their stuff while asking for donations.”

“This is a guy with a foundation that has raised $13M since 2015,” Snow tweeted in response to Esptein’s video. “He was more than happy to completely pull a calf muscle for us.”

After his successful shot, Epstein nominated David Ortiz and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam to participate.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There are irresponsible hockey players and it just takes one to bring it in. Will they be locked up like Seguin during the playoffs? :laugh:

exactly. They’re human. Just a bunch of younger guys with the same vices and weaknesses as the rest of us. One guy cracks and it could be over. Maybe that sounds a bit alarmist/extreme, but it’s not all that far from the reality.

Reactions: caz16

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
on their own. For sure.

close quarters, breathing and sweating all over everybody, sharing ice and dressing rooms with one team who just shared the same ice and rooms with another team and so on.
No thanks

But they're all going to be in a huge bubble and getting tested daily in a city (hopefully) with almost zero cases.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
But they're all going to be in a huge bubble and getting tested daily in a city (hopefully) with almost zero cases.

...and it still just takes 1 guy, hell, 1 kid to f*** it up for everybody.

im no virologist. Can you spread this without Serious symptoms Before test results come back? Seems plausible but I’ve no idea. If there’s a chance Marchand ends up a carrier on a Wednesday night, is tested Thursday morning and plays Thursday night, what comes first the posi result or morning skate/puck drop

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

im no virologist. Can you spread this without Serious symptoms Before test results come back? Seems plausible but I’ve no idea. If there’s a chance Marchand ends up a carrier on a Wednesday night, is tested Thursday morning and plays Thursday night, what comes first the posi result or morning skate/puck drop

the answer Chuck is ‘yes’.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

they won’t stop because of 1 test.

the individual will be « injured » for 14 days. Others testing negative will keep playing.

That’s what happens at my wife hospital. They don’t close it because one person working there or a patient gets covid.

They will be in an « as safe as possible » environment as it can be for « work ». Others don’t have the privilege to be tested daily to see if their co-workers are infected.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
they won’t stop because of 1 test.

the individual will be « injured » for 14 days. Others testing negative will keep playing.

That’s what happens at my wife hospital. They don’t close it because one person working there or a patient gets covid.

They will be in an « as safe as possible » environment as it can be for « work ». Others don’t have the privilege to be tested daily to see if their co-workers are infected.
exactly. if it wasnt like that. id have like three 14 day vacations already.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well this just sucks.

I grew up about an hour outside of Montreal and I remember my Dad taking me there before I went to my first game at the old Montreal Forum. I'm not sure what I enjoyed more - the chicken & ribs or the Bruins scoring 2 late 3rd period goals to escape with a tie. :thumbu:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
eichel11.jpg

It is time

Yeah, I would love to see that. It would probably mean finding a taker for Krejci and letting Krug walk as well as sending DeBrusk to Buffalo in the trade, but oh man, Eichel dishing out some sweet sauce over to Pasta would be delicious.

XXXXX -- Eichel -- Pasta

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Kase

Ritchie -- Coyle -- XXXX

Nords -- Kuraly -- Wagner

Chara -- McAvoy

Grz -- Carlo

Lauzon -- Clifton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad