OT: Around the NHL - where coaches are hired to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I think Flyers end up with third in the Metro. Would prefer not having Flyers and then Caps.... too much stress.... so, lets win the division.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Doubt it. I think CBJ, Carolina and Philly duke it out for the WC. Isles have games in hand and a weaker schedule.

Isles started out 16-3-1 for their first 20... they’re 17-15-5 since then.
Flyers look like a better team to me, and if Hart gives them good goaltending, they have a lot of weapons.

Reactions: Turin

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think Flyers end up with third in the Metro. Would prefer not having Flyers and then Caps.... too much stress.... so, lets win the division.

If the Canes ever got decent goaltending, they'd be my choice. But as it stands, their goalies are probably the worst of the lot who are battling for 3rd.

For my own personal stress levels, I'd rather play the Canes, with the Jackets a distant second. Canes are the one team that if the Pens lost, it wouldn't bother me as much. Jackets with Torts kind of would, but Dubinsky's no longer around so whatever. Losing to one of the divisional rivals like the Flyers or Isles would leave a bitter taste in my mouth all summer (though not as much as winning Round 1, then losing to the Caps in Round 2).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the Devils did trade but it's with TB not Avs....

I'm seeing new posts from 10 mins ago that they made the deal.

Nolan Foote and Vancouvers 1st for Coleman...

That's a hefty price to pay. However, Coleman's the type of player that can really help a team in the playoffs, and Tampa's obviously more concerned with winning now rather than worrying about how Foote or the 1st will do in 4 to 5 years.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
If the Canes ever got decent goaltending, they'd be my choice. But as it stands, their goalies are probably the worst of the lot who are battling for 3rd.

For my own personal stress levels, I'd rather play the Canes, with the Jackets a distant second. Canes are the one team that if the Pens lost, it wouldn't bother me as much. Jackets with Torts kind of would, but Dubinsky's no longer around so whatever. Losing to one of the divisional rivals like the Flyers or Isles would leave a bitter taste in my mouth all summer (though not as much as winning Round 1, then losing to the Caps in Round 2).
Why are we thinking about losing to them tho? :laugh: We are going to smack them all. The only teams that are “scaring me” right now are Tampa, Boston and the usual Caps.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
If the Canes ever got decent goaltending, they'd be my choice. But as it stands, their goalies are probably the worst of the lot who are battling for 3rd

If it wasn’t for Hamilton’s injury, I would agree. But he was pretty much their MVP before the injury, and he’ll be missing quite more games I think.

Flyers have enough high end talent and youngsters developing well. X-factor with them is as always the goal tending.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Leafs are such a weird team, sometimes they look amazing and sometimes they are utterly horrible. The refs screwed them a bit against the Sabres but on the other hand they were very much outplayed and totally folded after the third goal. One thing the Pens have been so good at this season is staying in games until the very end even when they don't play too well, all other teams have games where they get annihilated. Let's see what we do against TOR this week.
The Canes were a bit lucky to even get a point, Sheahan had an empty net right before Aho's tying goal but somehow missed. Draisatl showing he is not a product of McDavid and my fantasy team can't thank him enough.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have any of the Stadium Series games ran smoothly? Also, how on earth are they going to pull off an outdoor game in the Carolinas? Rollerhockey?
I wish they would find a new gimmick. It's not a classic anymore when it's literally every year and with teams that aren't even rivals. Like Avs vs LA? Lol.

Reactions: EightyOne

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Man am I tired of NBC’s Ovi goal watch 2020...but if helps Washington to keep losing games, I’ll endure it...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Arizona is really doing us a solid lately. Beat up the Capitals and now the Islanders both in regulation.

Gotta nice cushion on 2nd and pushing on first hard.
Penguins are in an ultra good position... with all things considered... what an incredible season. Miserable injuries aside.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Isles lose in reg...now 6 points back with 1 more game played. Let's beat out Toronto this week and not look back to 3rd spot in the metro and aim for 1st in the metro, but don't aim for the president trophy because that's a curse when it comes to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad