OT: Around the NHL - where coaches are hired to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I like some of the stories....because they are real stories----stuff that would be in say, the Players Tribune or whatever. Things that make the players seem like they are humans with thoughts and emotions and not just a name on a scoring sheet. I wouldn't say I am a blanket fan of the guys or SC in general. But you can pick and choose.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Caps lose again. Metro is ours for the taking.

Absolutely true, but this is pretty surreal stuff looking at where we were at when Sid went down.

Now if only Dumo, Kahun and Bjugstad can come back soon as their best selves....

NB: Has anyone read anything about Guentzel working like a demon to beat projections? Suppose it is too early for him to work at all though, but just imagine if he could make it back....

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Absolutely true, but this is pretty surreal stuff looking at where we were at when Sid went down.

Now if only Dumo, Kahun and Bjugstad can come back soon as their best selves....

NB: Has anyone read anything about Guentzel working like a demon to beat projections? Suppose it is too early for him to work at all though, but just imagine if he could make it back....

I rather Jake rest up and not come back too early and f*** things up more. Look at Bjugstad? he's out again. Not related to the same injury mind you.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Didn't someone post that like, as of Thursday, he was still in a sling??

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don’t really get Guerin’s aim. Trades a popular player, cans the coach who has a meh roster but horrific goaltending close to the playoffs and trending up, then preaches publicly (again) about the teams effort. If I was a Wild player I’d have no idea wtf is going on.

The most recent Russo article on this notes that Guerin wasn't a fan of the way the vets complained about kids like Kunin and Fiala getting more ice time and responsibility, or the way that Bordreau would always turn to the vets in key situations even if they'd been having bad games. Some of the quotes make it sound like he didn't think Bordreau was holding them accountable enough, or getting that extra 5% of effort, and that Evason might.

So I think the goal is to pile the pressure onto the team's veterans and see who stands up and does what is needed for the team.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Isles almost tied it at the end despite Vegas being all over them for most of the game, I don't know how Stone and Pacioretty managed not to score, they had like a million chances. MAF and Kessel helping out their old team big time but knowing the Pens every time we get really close to the top spot we lose, so I am not celebrating unless we beat the Wings. :)

exHornet

May 14, 2014
"Cardiac Event" but being in the health industry - that's definitely heart attack.

No, it isn't. As physician's, using the old phrase "heart attack" means infarction; that is, death of heart tissue because of a lack of blood flow. What happened here was an arrhythmia, which can happen because of infarction but in this case most very likely did not. Some people get arrhythmias because their conduction system in the heart has a defect, and that is 99.9% what happened here.

Anyhow, the good news for him is that his heart muscle is surely very healthy, unlike your 80yr old uncle who has been smoking 2 packs a day for 40 years. The bad news is, I suspect his cardiologist is going to suggest he retire. Even with the implantable device, I can't imagine that they want him to risk this happening again.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
No, it isn't. As physician's, using the old phrase "heart attack" means infarction; that is, death of heart tissue because of a lack of blood flow. What happened here was an arrhythmia, which can happen because of infarction but in this case most very likely did not. Some people get arrhythmias because their conduction system in the heart has a defect, and that is 99.9% what happened here.

Anyhow, the good news for him is that his heart muscle is surely very healthy, unlike your 80yr old uncle who has been smoking 2 packs a day for 40 years. The bad news is, I suspect his cardiologist is going to suggest he retire. Even with the implantable device, I can't imagine that they want him to risk this happening again.
The device implanted is to correct future irregular heartbeats and lies just below the skin surface. Any hit to that area, yeah, no thanks :(

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Watching Boston get away with interference after interference... Oh, there was a boarding as well.

Such a crap reffing job done by this league, and they get the first PP on top of it when it should have been both off.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Islanders needed to add somebody with Pelech (second pair guy) out.

There were reports that Blake Coleman had been traded to Colorado as well. However, those appear to be untrue.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Look at Boston losers at it again. Bergeron starting it and Marchand being the biggest loser he is, but it was nice to see him get his back from behind too.

Of course Boston gets a shorty...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Could the Devils even pretend to be in interested in this game? Just going to stand around and let the BJs score at will...thanks for nothing...

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

IIRC, I believe ColePens is in the insurance industry, not the health industry, so I wouldn't pay much attention to that.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I think the Devils did trade but it's with TB not Avs....

I'm seeing new posts from 10 mins ago that they made the deal.

Nolan Foote and Vancouvers 1st for Coleman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad