OT: Around the NHL - where coaches are hired to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Isles lose in reg...now 6 points back with 1 more game played. Let's beat out Toronto this week and not look back to 3rd spot in the metro and aim for 1st in the metro, but don't aim for the president trophy because that's a curse when it comes to the playoffs.

TB should be in line to win that trophy again...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The loss of bird boy has apparently been their biggest loss so far, on par with our Jake loss but we keep winning.

Naw, they totally play without their defensive structure...Kuzy isn’t exactly a defensive stalwart...they’re losing their positioning, at first because they’re forcing things to Ovi but now I think they just can’t restart their better habits...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Naw, they totally play without their defensive structure...Kuzy isn’t exactly a defensive stalwart...they’re losing their positioning, at first because they’re forcing things to Ovi but now I think they just can’t restart their better habits...

Their D has been questionable all year. Typical Craps.

They’ll bring in Vatanen and then get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd. Not sure why anyone fears that squad.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I just really want Washington vs Philly in the first round if Philly makes it.

I remember their 2016 first round series being a battle of the neaderthals, Caps would likely win this year as well but Philly could do a good job softening them up for round 2 again.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
ToffoLOLi is off to Vancouver, apparently the return is pretty high, I am curious what it actually is so people here can relax the f*** out and realize we dodged a bullet.

The Vancouver Kings reuniting Pearson & Toffoli. No Carter tho, no 70's.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Toffoli for a 2nd, Schaller, and Madden.

I don't know anything about this Madden kid, but man that's a pretty shit cost for Toffoli. Rob Blake really is a terrible GM.

Blake Coleman and Jason Zucker went for a better return, Toffoli has put up better numbers than Coleman but is on par with Zucker for the most part. Yikes.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So apparently this Madden kid is good, Blake just needs to keep selling off stuff and hoard as many top prospects as he can, they're pretty deep as it is with prospects.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
thank you for losing again Caps...we have a chance to take over first in the Metro with a win over TOR tomorrow...

3/4 points against Toronto at least would make me happy. I think we can do it. Guessing we see Kahun by Thursday at least.

Reactions: Andy99

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
10s
So to recap: Tyler Toffoli (no salary retained on his $4.6 M AAV) to Vancouver for Tim Schaller ($1.9 M AAV), prospect Tyler Madden, a 2nd RD pick this year plus a conditional 4th in '22 if Toffoli re-signs with Van City.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
10s
So to recap: Tyler Toffoli (no salary retained on his $4.6 M AAV) to Vancouver for Tim Schaller ($1.9 M AAV), prospect Tyler Madden, a 2nd RD pick this year plus a conditional 4th in '22 if Toffoli re-signs with Van City.
Yeah I've been reading up on Madden, he sounds and looks like a faster Jake Guentzel. If you had shown me his clips and told me that was Jake in College, I would believe you.

John Madden's kid's got some skills. Canucks fans are now making it sound like the kid wasn't that good, etc, the kind of crap our fan base does when GMJR trades a prospect.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah I've been reading up on Madden, he sounds and looks like a faster Jake Guentzel. If you had shown me his clips and told me that was Jake in College, I would believe you.

John Madden's kid's got some skills. Canucks fans are now making it sound like the kid wasn't that good, etc, the kind of crap our fan base does when GMJR trades a prospect.
Like Addison?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Like Addison?
Without triggering our resident wankers, yeah, let's just say...like Addison and leave it at that.

Madden seems like a pretty intriguing prospect, the current NHL is perfect for players like him that are heady, solid at both ends, fast (like his Dad), was more known for his playmaking but is now showing his scoring touch a ton.

Reactions: OswaldBates

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Without triggering our resident wankers, yeah, let's just say...like Addison and leave it at that.

Madden seems like a pretty intriguing prospect, the current NHL is perfect for players like him that are heady, solid at both ends, fast (like his Dad), was more known for his playmaking but is now showing his scoring touch a ton.
Problem is Addison won't be NHL ready for a couple of seasons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Problem is Addison won't be NHL ready for a couple of seasons
Yeah, doesn't stop people from acting all matter-of-factly about him never making it. Similar to the kind of weird panning of Madden right now by Canucks fans, some, there's a lot that are angry and are rather irked at some tweet that is pretty true - It's a move you make when you're 1 forward away from being a true contender, not something you make on a team like this.

Benning didn't NEED to make this move to show confidence, he did so when he traded for Pearson and Miller. This, he just gave up some strong assets and now has no 1st or 2nd in next year's draft for a rental on a team that likely is out in the 1st round. West is weak for sure, but I don't think it's that easy of a route that this trade puts them over the top vs teams like Colorado, Vegas, etc.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There were always concerns with Addison.

It was one of the main reasons I wanted him to go before Poulin.
Always concern with prospects, we were so high on Pouliot, Despres, Harrington, Morrow and look how those turned out. Prospects are just crapshoots, I doubt anyone would have Makar would be this awesome from the get go, or Marino for example who was a 6th round pick and plays like he's a top 10 pick.

Damnit Kessel...could have traded Pouliot over Kapanen. Coulda have had Zucker for you as well. Ah well, maybe some other reality that happened.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Always concern with prospects, we were so high on Pouliot, Despres, Harrington, Morrow and look how those turned out. Prospects are just crapshoots, I doubt anyone would have Makar would be this awesome from the get go, or Marino for example who was a 6th round pick and plays like he's a top 10 pick.

Damnit Kessel...could have traded Pouliot over Kapanen. Coulda have had Zucker for you as well. Ah well, maybe some other reality that happened.

Ya I know what you are saying, and people do suddenly find reasons why a prospect wasn't that good suddenly when he's moved.

However, I'm just pointing out there were many debates about Addison and there were some legit worries about his size and play in his own end long before he was ever moved.

I overlooked that stuff with DP, so you live and learn.

He was still a good prospect, but it never felt like most posters when discussing him were ever salivating about his potential, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad