OT: Around the NHL - where coaches are hired to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
More reasons why I don't bring Jake back at all this season and consider him done for the season, not the playoffs. He should be done until October.

Josh Anderson, Rantanen, etc. Shoulder injuries need way more time than those stupid "6-8 month" assessments for time frames.
It's case by case like anything. We'll see where he is when the time comes. You have to make plans as if he won't be back, but you don't shut that door.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's case by case like anything. We'll see where he is when the time comes. You have to make plans as if he won't be back, but you don't shut that door.
I would, based on success rate of an injury like this and returning and especially given this team and how often they take hits vs other teams and the injury reputation. I just wouldn't until he's had a sufficient amount of time to really build that strength up.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Vegas with their best Penguins impersonation - get a lead and hold on for dear life in the third, miss an easy EN in order to make the final seconds interesting. :) Holtby seems to have recovered his form but Ovi is probably not going to score until he plays against us, the way things are going.
I am enjoying seeing the Islanders sink, let's see if they will recover like last year.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Tumblers aligning, dominoes falling, it's a flurry of deals today for some reason.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Martinez to the VGK once they workout the details, I knew they were going to go after defense but not sure how they make that work with their cap.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know that Martinez to VGK trade is going to happen, but it also seems like a weird deal to make considering their RD is their biggest issue.

It's Schmidt, Engo and Holden vs their left side of Theodore, McNabb, and Merill.

Ideally, they should upgrade on both sides, if they add Martinez and a solid RD, that VGk team could be interesting to watch in the playoffs.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
off topic from all the trades, but i was perusing the sabres' gdt and have lost the actual quote, but a poster there advocated for their d to watch tape on...jack johnson to learn about penalty killing

the apocalypse is surely nigh

in all fairness and seriousness, jj was very good on the pk last night, and buffalo is...a tire fire. JBotts may be punching above his weight class, especially since there seem to be issues with the owners interfering. so many mickey mouse moves from bad trades to the alumni jersey mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad