OT: Around the NHL - 'Tis the Season to Fire Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Gallant scratching Tatar was stupid, this would be even more stupid.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So everyone in the Metro is going to get points tonight? Thank god we got two....

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Watching McDavid live is very exciting. Also, he is absolutely a winger 75% of the game.
I think over the last, say 10 seasons, the only other duo that I have seen with on ice telepathy like McDavid and Draisaitl have, would be the Sedins. McDavid and Drai together is something special. Incredible how they read each other.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
RBA is a dinosaur. He rewarded the grinders in the SO.

How do you go 6 rounds and not have Aho,Teuvo and Svechnikov shoot?

He should be fired immediately.

Reactions: Sam Spade

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Might as well tab the person sitting in Section 106 Row 2 Seat 17 to take a shot if you're skipping all your good options.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Best Ovi ever. Unreal how this dude has flip turned his legacy.

His legacy has been the same it has always been if you actually paid attention.

Funny how it was his teammates Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, and Kuzy finally stepping up that turned him into a "winner".

Dude has been legit from the day he started in this league and likely goes down as the best era adjusted goal scorer in history.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
His legacy has been the same it has always been if you actually paid attention.

Funny how it was his teammates Backstrom, Carlson, Holtby, and Kuzy finally stepping up that turned him into a "winner".

Dude has been legit from the day he started in this league and likely goes down as the best era adjusted goal scorer in history.

He was turning into a one dimensional fat ass in 2017 though

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So apparently Jeff Carter might just retire if the Kings trade him, according to Bob. If he does, Kings have a recapture penalty of 3.75m/yr for the next 3yrs or something like that. Yeesh.

Also, I get the sense that if the Kings really do shop Jon Quick, Philly is going to try to land him and will not let anyone beat them to it. If Fletcher can do that, even if Quick gives them 3-4 solid years of goaltending at this level, that would be crazy and suddenly Metro gets even tougher.

Man they have a lot of cap coming off, stupid Flyers.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
You guys aren’t going to like this, but, give me Ovi over Sid any day of the week.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You guys aren’t going to like this, but, give me Ovi over Sid any day of the week.

Prior to the Cup last year, I'd say Ovi didn't have the intangibles for when it mattered [insert:OviControllerDisconnected.gif]. But he has that SC win now, so harder to hide behind that.

He has always had more of a knack for pure goal scoring. I don't think Ovi playing with who Sid has had/still does play with, would be anywhere near as effective.

Ovi won't elevate a line when the line consists of Dupuis, Kunitz and Hornqvist, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad