Around the NHL Thread - Start of the 2021/22 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I don’t understand why Oilers fans have no love for Smith. He is so lovable :heart:

Whoa whoa whoa, when did they have no love for him? I seem to recall they're trying to move Koskinen over him.

Maybe that was Holland's game. Try and attract Dougie Hamilton by saying that they have their very own Smithsonian display at Rogers Place. :sarcasm:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oilers got knocked out of a playoff spot today.

Screenshot_20220227-162216_kindlephoto-277546458.png

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
More interesting than this is that it is becoming more and more likely that one of Vegas or Edmonton will miss. Both would be huge news.
I remember during that draft year being told not tanking for McDavid/Eichel was stupid because they were a cheat code to build a contender, after 6 years they have a combined 1 playoff series win and we could potentially see both miss the playoffs this year although unlikely for the 4 time in 7 years

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
More interesting than this is that it is becoming more and more likely that one of Vegas or Edmonton will miss. Both would be huge news.
Wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events... particularly when so many HF posters picked both those teams to finish 1-2 in the Pacific division.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll be rooting for Dallas tonight in the Stars vs Kings game.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The draisaitl GWG thread on the mains reminds me of the Monahan fake GWG days. @OvermanKingGainer , you a bit out there at times, but you is a gem.
GWG... dumbest stat in the game.
Better to keep a record of how many times a player scored the first goal in the game. Did you know that teams that score first only lose the game 33% of the time? Huge advantage when you score first.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So should Oilers fans be upset about the Lightning lying down for them or...?
Against a backup goalie, no less. :laugh:

Honestly, rumours of the Oilers' demise were greatly exaggerated. They are always a dangerous team and can string together wins on the back of McDavid and Draisaitl. But they likely are playoff fodder I'd imagine.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Oilers are too volatile of a team to make the playoffs. They're the only team to somehow have won every game they've scored first in, but that's happened a league-worst 18 times.

Drasaitl played 24:36 tonight and 28:20 against Washington while McDavid was at 21:49 and 25 respectively. This is a desperate team with a very difficult schedule ahead. There will be repetitive swings where they string a couple wins together and then drop 4 in a row all the way until the end of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad