Around the NHL Thread - Start of the 2021/22 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
One thing I will never get tired of is Mike Smith embarrassing himself. The fact that he gets to do it on the Oilers is the cherry on top

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
It is pretty hilarious how inept the Oilers are that even an organization like Calgary can surpass them without the likes of McDavid and Draisaitl on their team.

Reactions: deleted user

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I'm actually... not that delighted about oilers getting spanked? I abhor the knights.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Vegas had an easy, leisurely skate last night so they should be nicely warmed up to face the Flames tonight.
I'm totally surprised that signing Kane didn't fix the Oilers problems. I was positive that Kane would improve the Oilers goaltending and defense.
I suspect that Smith and Tyson Barrie had a nice little chat after the game last night where they consoled and provided support to each other. I liked Smith's new gear. Visually, he looked good.
Edmonton has a good opportunity to get back on the win train tonight as they play Chicago.... a team that actually has a worse owner and management. than theirs. I expect that Duncan Keith will be happy to see all his old buddies. I imagine they'll be asking how his retirement is working out.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Blackhawks now have a chance to win tonight's game against the Oilers.... even though Hawks have lost their last 7 of 8.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It saddens me that Tippet is gone. He was a problem, but not the problem for the Oilers. Hopefully this doesn’t mess with end of season fireworks in Edmonton. I still want to be entertained by the madness if they miss the playoffs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hockey Fans: LOL how is Vegas going to stay compliant, good luck losing an important piece!
Vegas: Yeah, about that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I bet they'll only address the LTIR loophole when a Canadian team uses it to their benefit.

That said, Vegas is kind of a shaky team without Mark Stone. The whole idea was for them to globetrot teams with the Eichel-Stone pairing and trade away Dadonov or something. They have enough about them to make the playoffs but I think we can take that #1 spot away from them given this news

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Part of me is worried that getting the 1 spot (easier attainable with no Stone for the rest of the season) could be a slight detriment because they could catch one of the Central teams that have been on fire vs. Edmonont, Anaheim, or LA at 3. BUT on the other hand if they can handidly work up to a 1st place spot there'd be no excuse for Brad not to go big game hunting and it's a lot more fun to be in 1st regardless of the playoff matchup.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm actually... not that delighted about oilers getting spanked? I abhor the knights.

Nah man that was fun.

Harder to cheer really for the Chicago game. Ik I said I'd cheer enthusiastically for Edmonton over Chicago, but I could not get my heart up to it. I sort of rooted for both teams to lose.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I honestly didn't think this was going to happen. 5000 seating capacity. That's crazy!

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Here's a pic of the arena as its currently being built. Its scheduled to be ready for play by the fall of 2022
I gotta admit... it would be cool to watch an NHL game in a 5000 seat arena.

arizona.jpeg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oh my god :laugh:. Is that less seating than we had in the coral?
I believe the Corral has a seating capacity of 6500. I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to watch a couple of Flame games there shortly after they moved to Calgary. It was old... but it was still amazing. The Saddledome was like this huge monstrosity after watching a game in the Corral.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It's honestly a joke that Arizona gets to play in a whl arena for multiple years but it's not financially viable to have a team in Quebec city. I can't wait for Gary to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad