Around the NHL Thread - Start of the 2021/22 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
LOL... one of the Flames biggest loudmouth detractors just came out and admitted to the world that he rarely watches Flames games...

Why the f*** would I regularly watch the Flames. The only time I do is first round of playoffs cheering for their opponents.

... what a doofus.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Leafs down 3-2 and are currently outshooting Vancouver 48-22.
If they lose this one they are going to go home so pissed.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Why are we so healthy and these lucky bastards aren't!?

I'd be interested in marchessault. We might need an eastern broker to consummate the trade though. I doubt VGK would trade us directly.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Extrapolating tonight's results, the Flames will never lose again and the Knights will never score again.

Eichel was definitely a big add for Vegas, but especially with the rust he has and the adjustment to a team actually trying to win hockey games, the loss of Stone is likely to cancel it out IMO. I think there is still an outside chance that they feel some heat in the playoff race down the stretch. Without Stone, they aren't all that deep of a team. Janmark on the second line right now. Dadonov on the top line. I don't see them rolling through the Pacific playoff contenders like everyone is assuming during the regular season.

It's making me chuckle at the moment every time I hear someone go "huh, you know it's possible that Calgary might challenge Vegas for the division."

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Extrapolating tonight's results, the Flames will never lose again and the Knights will never score again.

Eichel was definitely a big add for Vegas, but especially with the rust he has and the adjustment to a team actually trying to win hockey games, the loss of Stone is likely to cancel it out IMO. I think there is still an outside chance that they feel some heat in the playoff race down the stretch. Without Stone, they aren't all that deep of a team. Janmark on the second line right now. Dadonov on the top line. I don't see them rolling through the Pacific playoff contenders like everyone is assuming during the regular season.

It's making me chuckle at the moment every time I hear someone go "huh, you know it's possible that Calgary might challenge Vegas for the division."
Vegas may not even finish 2nd. LA Kings and Edmonton's new coach bounce has them within touching distance of Vegas

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone

Vegas winning the pacific is already written in ink to everyone who goes to bed on time

Reactions: Anglesmith

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Smith with a .429 almost feels like...

giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

I ran into this gif. I don't know what to do with it, but I assume someone might find a good use for it.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t understand why Oilers fans have no love for Smith. He is so lovable :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad