Not open for further replies.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Eichel stare.jpg

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
If we just give the people replicators we won't need to buy hockey skates OR food!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Seems about right on both. Canuck fans will be doing the same agonizing over Tkachuk thing in 2 years with EP. Also putting a lot of faith in Quinn Hughes growing his game significantly.

Last edited:

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
That's a QO of 9.5ish? That's going to hurt a lot in 3 years like Tkachuk's 9 mil QO next year
I believe his QO should be 8.82 mil since it's set to a cap of 120% of the AAV (or at least that's what I've been told recently). Either way, 9.5 is way more than fair for Pettersson and I have no doubt he'd be worht double digits by the time the contract length is up

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I believe his QO should be 8.82 mil since it's set to a cap of 120% of the AAV (or at least that's what I've been told recently). Either way, 9.5 is way more than fair for Pettersson and I have no doubt he'd be worht double digits by the time the contract length is up

I agree it just makes negotiations so much harder, when we try to resign Tkachuk I doubt he is willing to go long term below his 9ish million QO, I just think if you truly believe the guy is a star which I 100% do with EP then you do what you have to to get the 2nd contract at 7 or 8 years.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I take back anything I said about the possibility of Sharangovich being a flash in the pan. This kid is the real deal. I don't think NJ would part with he and Zacha for Johnny, but if I were Tre, I would keep an eye on Sharangovich as a potential return in the event that he has no choice but deal Johnny.

Last edited:

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021

Just the fact that Dreger uses the term "Eichel saga" tells me all I need to know about how the media have been milking this BS for hits. They have to make people care about Eichel because there is nothing else interesting going on that is actually hockey related, or anything going on that is hockey related isn't interesting enough.

In other news, Evander Kane is suddenly being accused of forging a vaccination card. This league is becoming a fkn joke.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Friedman was tweeting about Eichel the other day, only teams he mentioned were Vegas and Cgy.

Let's be real, that guy's name has been everywhere in media for months yet absolutely nothing has actually happened. The media dragged Kane's name through the mud for weeks on something that turned out to not even be true, then found another accusation to replace it with. Sports journalism is garbage.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Monahan+Tkachuk+Valiamki/Kylington+2022 1st+2023 2nd for Eichel + Thompson
That trade would literally make the Flames a worse team than the Sabres were last year, while gifting them a potential 1stOA. It's very safe to say that Buffalo isn't getting offered anything, remotely close to that, for a broken Eichel, who more likely than not, will not even play this year.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
True, they do want a more future based package but hard to make the salary work now. Badarov or Badbranson+Pitlick would have to go back to make the cap work.

Monahan+Badarov+Pellettier+Valiamki+2022 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad