Around the NHL Thread - Start of the 2021/22 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's honestly a legit question whether Vegas should look to sell at the deadline IMO. I think Vancouver has a much better shot at the playoffs than they do with how the two teams are going and just based on their respective lineups.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Losing 11 of 15 is brutal. But the Oilers went through a similar patch and have now fallen ass backwards into a playoff spot courtesy of a mini Vegas implosion.

Vegas isn't a team that sits on their hands. Deboer's days are numbered and they'll probably new coach bump their way back into a spot while Edmonton slumps through their murderer's row of opponents from next week on

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I hope Vancouver makes it.

Is there any way the Flames could acquire a legit 2C and not gut the roster? Or are we left to hope that Monahan has a Jaden Schwartz-esque run?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Bennett was on this week's Spittin Chiclets Podcast episode

Highlights :
-Felt like he got pigeon holed into a bottom 6 role(duh)
-Loved playing for Darryl, was actually thinking he wouldn't get traded
-Not very complementary of the other coaches, said he didn't mind Hartley but he was tough
-Still sounds like he's tight with some of the players in Calgary
-Took some responsibility for how it went for him here, said he played like a plug because he thought that's what was being asked of him. Never felt like he got to be confident in his role
-Generally enjoyed Calgary but was very happy to be traded and getting to play with Huberdeau
-Funny stuff about him not being able to do a pullup at the combine

worth listening to if you're like me and you miss Sam

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
-Not very complementary of the other coaches, said he didn't mind Hartley but he was tough
Man, this is why my nightmares are gonna be what this team could've been like with Darryl coming in after Gulutzan. Not just because of the thought of him working with Gaudreau, uninjured Monahan, Tkachuk, Mangiapane, etc. with term left on their contracts, but for what he could've done for Bennett. It's just depressing. Who knows what other guys he would've utilized more coming into that year... the absolute incompetence of prior coaches in pidgeon holing guys because the coach before them (who was also incompetent) did it is astounding.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Look like they are benching Kassian for failing to stand up in the last beating……this just keeps getting better lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett was on this week's Spittin Chiclets Podcast episode

Highlights :
-Still sounds like he's tight with some of the players in Calgary
-Took some responsibility for how it went for him here, said he played like a plug because he thought that's what was being asked of him. Never felt like he got to be confident in his role
-Generally enjoyed Calgary but was very happy to be traded and getting to play with Huberdeau
-Funny stuff about him not being able to do a pullup at the combine

worth listening to if you're like me and you miss Sam

Player confidence is such a weird thing.
The guy was a below average to horrible bottom 6 centre/winger outside of the playoffs; gets traded and is a perfectly capable top 6 centre playing with star players.

The Flames hitching their wagon to Sean Monahan for like 7 years is still one of the most ridiculous things this franchise has done... in the history of a franchise that's done a lot of ridiculous things.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett is leveling out to be an average top 6. He really doesn’t have the brain or skills to be a consistent top player. Still a good player though.

Feel free to attack lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazatt

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Bennett is leveling out to be an average top 6. He really doesn’t have the brain or skills to be a consistent top player. Still a good player though.

Feel free to attack lol
I wish all average top 6 players put up 25 goals in 55 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland