Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
How much longer before they start throwing McDavid under the bus like they did with Hall

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is a hell of an implosion by the Jackets down the stretch

Edit: The winner of the West is coming out of the Pacific

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Kekalainen is going to be fired if they miss and deservedly so. Aside from the massive distraction of Panarin and Bobrovsky's contracts that he's let fester all season long, going all in at the deadline and disrupting whatever chemistry they had to such an extent was simply reckless.

Moving Panarin and Bobrovsky (if he was willing to waive) last summer and aggressively retooling might have taken them a year or two to recover from. Losing both in free agency for nothing and essentially skipping the entire 2019 draft is going to set them back for so much longer.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I sincerely think that Vegas takes the Sharks in 5 max, if we hold strong and win the division

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

Losing to the Kings for your 4th loss in a row.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Sharks play the Ducks tomorrow too. I don’t expect them to lose two in a row to those caliber teams, but stranger things have happened.

Second half of a back-to-back and with Dell in net, there’s certainly a chance.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Eugene felt the need to up the anti after Bobby Nics made a push for the oilers to take back worst organization in the league yesterday

Reactions: Janks

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Eugene felt the need to up the anti after Bobby Nics made a push for the oilers to take back worst organization in the league yesterday

There's an important difference between the situation in Ottawa and the one in Edmonton: Eugene is too cheap to hire a PR person or someone similar to help mitigate his terrible bozo eruptions and stem the bleeding in his organization (more like fatal hemorrhage at this point if we're being honest) while in Edmonton it's sheer arrogance and incompetence, not a shortage of cash flow or a want to pinch pennies, that is keeping good PR control away- the OBC truly believes that they are in the right and that it's everyone else that is wrong (applying to literally everything they say and do.)

The result is the same, terrible optics and a peak into bumbling operations that are not likely to succeed longterm, especially if the looney continues descending. Even the well managed Canadian clubs are in for a tough slog.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I had some extra time on my hands so I took a peek at the SJ GDT from last nite.
There's not a lot of happy campers in that group.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I had some extra time on my hands so I took a peek at the SJ GDT from last nite.
There's not a lot of happy campers in that group.
Never forget that time the Oilers hired their arch rivals’ head coach as an assistant coach. In an uncommon move, I’m very excited to see Gulutzan behind the Oilers bench and implement some of his new ideas.

It was at that moment he knew... he f***ed up.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
It would be like Flames ownership taking a dump on Leslie

I will swear to any god that listens, that if something like that happens, I will ready the guillotines.

Also, holy crap. it was OT, but Anaheim beat the Sharks too. Yeah, it was a back to back for SJ, but they got a combined 1 point against LA AND Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad