Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Canucks get destroyed tonight by the Blue Jackets 5-0
Thatcher Demko faced 33 shots.
Canucks SOG was 21 on Bobrovsky

If Pettersson and Boeser aren't scoring and Markstrom isn't in net these guys are awful.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
So Eugene's remarks were pretty dumb, but I do laugh at Toronto fans scoffing at them. Ottawa has technically had a lot more playoff success than they have recently

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So Eugene's remarks were pretty dumb, but I do laugh at Toronto fans scoffing at them. Ottawa has technically had a lot more playoff success than they have recently

Ottawa has been to the conference finals or further over the past 12 years 1 less time than the Maple Leafs have made the playoffs over that period of time.
Leafs are the Oilers of the East; when the media non-stop keeps pumping your tires you fall into this vicious cycle where you think you're the next big thing.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands

It's true. They also beat the Leafs pretty regularly. They were very close to the stanley cup final a couple of years ago and even to the cup some more years further back. While as a Leafs fan I still dream to come out of the first round for a change.

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It's rich that Toronto fans feel they can brag so much about their team when they have made it past the first round less than the Flames have over the past decade. Even this year, when they're supposed to be an alleged powerhouse with the Tavares signing, they can't even get home-ice advantage in the first round (playoff format be damned, they're still 3rd in their division).

Toronto isn't going anywhere with Dubas at the helm either, based on his limited trades and especially re-signings, he is a train wreck of a GM.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
It's rich that Toronto fans feel they can brag so much about their team when they have made it past the first round less than the Flames have over the past decade. Even this year, when they're supposed to be an alleged powerhouse with the Tavares signing, they can't even get home-ice advantage in the first round (playoff format be damned, they're still 3rd in their division).

Toronto isn't going anywhere with Dubas at the helm either, based on his limited trades and especially re-signings, he is a train wreck of a GM.

I mean the playoff format kind of sucks but in the grand scheme of things I don’t really think it makes a difference. Honestly I see 11 teams that I think can win a round or 2 this year

5 in the east: Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Washington, Pitt

6 in the west: Winnipeg, Nash, St Louis, Calgary, SJS, Vegas

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I mean the playoff format kind of sucks but in the grand scheme of things I don’t really think it makes a difference. Honestly I see 11 teams that I think can win a round or 2 this year

I'm fairly confident both wild card teams in the West get smoked, who ever they end up being. Hell, I'm fairly confident the two eastern ones get blown out as well (2nd WC gonna get swept HARD in the East).

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'm fairly confident both wild card teams in the West get smoked, who ever they end up being. Hell, I'm fairly confident the two eastern ones get blown out as well (2nd WC gonna get swept HARD in the East).

I agree 100%. Only divisional team I don’t really see having a shot at winning is NYI. They’ve had a good turn around but I can’t see them getting by Pitt or Wash

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm fairly confident both wild card teams in the West get smoked, who ever they end up being.

Dallas vs Winnipeg will be a total coin flip.

You're underestimating the Carolina Hurricanes. They're my darkhorse.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Adam fox is becoming a free agent. Really gonna look bad for carolina if they don’t re-sign ferland to a reasonable deal.
I have a feeling that Ferland is going to try the FA market. If that happens the trade will look a lot worse for Carolina. No Fox. No Ferland. Just Hamilton.

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I have a feeling that Ferland is going to try the FA market. If that happens the trade will look a lot worse for Carolina. No Fox. No Ferland. Just Hamilton.

Hamilton is a ufa in 2 years as well and probably gonna demand 7 million+. Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->