Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
@jeffcoxsports on Twitter. Retweeted by Pierre LeBrun

Yep... just like Panarin and Bob are re-signing with Columbus.
But then again, what can Waddell really say to the fans? He has to put the best spin on it that he can until that dreaded day arrives when Fox signs with either the Rangers or Islanders.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If I was Don Waddell I'd be on the phone right now to the GM of the Rangers to see if I could work out a deal for Fox's rights.
If the Rangers have Fox's rights this summer they might be able to talk him out of returning to Harvard and instead playing for the Rangers this upcoming season. That might be worth a draft pick to Jeff Gorton the Rangers's GM.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I really don't blame Fox. Finish your time at Harvard. Seems silly to toss that away. Going back after years away isn't easy
If he signs with the Rangers this April, assuming the Rangers acquire his rights from Carolina, he'll be able to attend Harvard from April to September.... that's 5 months.
Its certainly possible to do both.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If he signs with the Rangers this April, assuming the Rangers acquire his rights from Carolina, he'll be able to attend Harvard from April to September.... that's 5 months.
Its certainly possible to do both.

He likely has 2 semesters left to finish his degree. The classes he needs might not be all offered in the summer, or the time at which they’re offered might conflict

I’ll add that I suspect his decision to return is more hockey related than school related, but I’ll never knock a kid for finishing his education. The fact that it’s Harvard is a nice little bonus too

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He likely has 2 semesters left to finish his degree. The classes he needs might not be all offered in the summer, or the time at which they’re offered might conflict

I’ll add that I suspect his decision to return is more hockey related than school related, but I’ll never knock a kid for finishing his education. The fact that it’s Harvard is a nice little bonus too
Exactly. Plus, the Rangers aren’t offering anything. He’s going UFA and they’re heavily speculated to be the favourites

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Interesting stat from cp (not sure this is true, but I’ll look into it at some point):

We are one game above 500 against playoff teams. So yeah, we haven’t exactly been playing down to talent, we’ve actually feasted off of them and are relatively mediocre against good teams. So yeah... bolds really well for our postseason chances.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
He's a really good bottom pairing guy, its a shame we have so many NHL quality defenders that we had to give him away for free but he's finding his niche in Montreal and I'm happy for him.

He’s had pretty consistent top 4 minutes in MTL but their left side is among the weakest in the league. Playing with either Petry or Weber for a good chunk of the season

I’m really happy for him too there was just no room here, especially with the acquisition of Hanifin. I would have liked a slightly better return, though

Reactions: Dack

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wince knowing this man was our top line rw at one point...

But it’s hilarious knowing he’s the oilers best natural winger. Give the man a 6x6 immediately before he breaks out!
Hey ... Give the man a break. The puck was rolling, he was under a lot of pressure, and the sun was in his eyes. :sarcasm:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hey ... Give the man a break. The puck was rolling, he was under a lot of pressure, and the sun was in his eyes. :sarcasm:

I mean he is a 21 goal scorer, so he’s not absolute trash. But come on... that gif has high meme potential written all over it.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I mean he is a 21 goal scorer, so he’s not absolute trash. But come on... that gif has high meme potential written all over it.
Yeah... LOL

Didn't the Oilers want a 2nd round draft pick for him at the TDL, or am I mistaken?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yeah... LOL

Didn't the Oilers want a 2nd round draft pick for him at the TDL, or am I mistaken?

Yes, I believe so. Don’t know what they were expecting, every gm knows chiasson is flash in the pan this year. Honestly, even if it was a 3rd or 4th rounder, they should’ve sold. The fact they did nothing tells me just how much they are committed to a proper rebuild (hint, try to sign a few middle six forwards and 3rd pairing dman thinking they are close to the promise-land). Gonna be an interesting offseason for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad