Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The Devils, on a B2B, are winning 5-2
I watched the first and like half the second. Anyone notice former Flame Kenny Agostino shutting down McDavid on multiple occasions. After tonight, Agostino would also be tied with Klefbom for 7th in points on the Oilers. This is a guy only in the NHL on Jersey because they have so many injuries (I think I heard they only have like 20 people on their roster because of injuries, and 13 of them started the year in the AHL).

Reactions: Mobiandi

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I watched the first and like half the second. Anyone notice former Flame Kenny Agostino shutting down McDavid on multiple occasions. After tonight, Agostino would also be tied with Klefbom for 7th in points on the Oilers. This is a guy only in the NHL on Jersey because they have so many injuries (I think I heard they only have like 20 people on their roster because of injuries, and 13 of them started the year in the AHL).

I’ll never forgive Treliving for not qualifying him and letting him walk. Pointless mistake for a guy that appeared to have NHL abilities. It’s not a huge loss but he would be a nice cheap contract for this team.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I’ll never forgive Treliving for not qualifying him and letting him walk. Pointless mistake for a guy that appeared to have NHL abilities. It’s not a huge loss but he would be a nice cheap contract for this team.
I agree but he was never going to live up to his acquisition, and would always have had that burden here.

Reactions: 1989

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I mean, I know it sounded like I was pumping him up, but on the Flames he would still be below Czar, Mangi, Dube, and Quine. It's more a comparison of how bad the Oil is (Agostino after tonight has 19 points). He would have been a better, or at least comparable, option on the Flames compared to someone like Chiasson two years ago, but I don't even think he would have cracked the roster last year, let alone this year. New Jersey just has a metric crapload of injuries that they've called up like 2/3 of their AHL team.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Imagine fighting for your playoff lives and losing to a mostly AHL roster that's on the second half of a back to back starting a goalie that has 4 wins on the year. Oh and your 100 million dollar star center reaches the 100pt mark in that same game :laugh:
You forgot where the AHL team is on the road, so doesn't get their matchups

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

I mean he was waived by the Habs. It’s nice to see him doing well but he’s really only getting his shot because of how depleted that New Jersey roster is

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Anyone who as the guts to do so should read the oilers pgt. Just a goddamn tragedy at this point, yet they still throw shade at the flames and blame them for the loss (“if we got Blackwood instead of Schneider, it would’ve been 6-6... bear league goalie... blah blah blah). Can’t help but not feel sorry at all for them.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Anyone who as the guts to do so should read the oilers pgt. Just a goddamn tragedy at this point, yet they still throw shade at the flames and blame them for the loss (“if we got Blackwood instead of Schneider, it would’ve been 6-6... bear league goalie... blah blah blah). Can’t help but not feel sorry at all for them.

You don't seem to understand. If the refs weren't always favoring Calgary and teams started playing Calgary as serious as they play Edmonton they would be above us in the standings.
Example Tkachuk is a total piece of garbage player only out to injure and he's lucky that good upstanding players like Kassian, Lucic, Nurse, and Benning don't injure him like they should.
Plus Edmonton is built for playoff hockey where they would obviously sweep us.

Off-topic: anyone know how to do sarcasm tags in HTML?

Reactions: Janks

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You don't seem to understand. If the refs weren't always favoring Calgary and teams started playing Calgary as serious as they play Edmonton they would be above us in the standings.
Example Tkachuk is a total piece of garbage player only out to injure and he's lucky that good upstanding players like Kassian, Lucic, Nurse, and Benning don't injure him like they should.
Plus Edmonton is built for playoff hockey where they would obviously sweep us.

Off-topic: anyone know how to do sarcasm tags in HTML?

Built for playoff hockey, just not getting there. If the NHL ever implemented a playoff lottery, the Oilers would be perennial cup contenders :sarcasm:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Very sad news about EKane hopefully Erik Karlsson can help him through it as they went something similar.

In lighter news, Hoffman has 1g 1a against his old team and seems to to thriving in his return to San Jose.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Ok who is this oiler wanker commentating?? Koskinen never had the puck and hes blaming the ref for not blowing the whistle despite the puck clearly visible. I dont think its a goal anyway but this dude is biased af

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I know we've talked about it before, but why is the schedule so f***y this season? It barely makes sense. 6 games in 12 days yet we have a less than 24 hour 1 game roadtrip back to back in the middle that breaks up a homestand. This strangeness has happened fairly often this season.

Our last 10 games:
Get off 3 game in 4 night east road trip, get 2 days off. (This is a WTF on its own lol. Flames won all three games anyways)
Saturday Wild (H)
Sunday off
Monday Leafs (H)
Tuesday off
Wednesday Vegas (A)
Thursday Coyotes (A)
Friday off
Saturday Off
Sunday Vegas (H)
Monday off
Tuesday Devils (H)
Wednesday off
Thursday off
Friday Rangers (H)
Saturday Jets(A)
Sunday off
Monday off
Tuesday Jackets (H)
Wednesday off
Friday Senators(H)

Looking at that, I think we have little to no chance to win that Jets game, and it was designed that way.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I know we've talked about it before, but why is the schedule so ****y this season? It barely makes sense. 6 games in 12 days yet we have a less than 24 hour 1 game roadtrip back to back in the middle that breaks up a homestand. This strangeness has happened fairly often this season.

Our last 10 games:
Get off 3 game in 4 night east road trip, get 2 days off. (This is a WTF on its own lol. Flames won all three games anyways)
Saturday Wild (H)
Sunday off
Monday Leafs (H)
Tuesday off
Wednesday Vegas (A)
Thursday Coyotes (A)
Friday off
Saturday Off
Sunday Vegas (H)
Monday off
Tuesday Devils (H)
Wednesday off
Thursday off
Friday Rangers (H)
Saturday Jets(A)
Sunday off
Monday off
Tuesday Jackets (H)
Wednesday off
Friday Senators(H)

Looking at that, I think we have little to no chance to win that Jets game, and it was designed that way.

I mean yeah it was tough but it definitely wasn’t designed to **** us. The algorithm used to make the schedule is incredibly complex. So many factors go into it that’s it’s never going to be perfect

In terms of back to backs we actually have a net advantage this year. 9 times we play a rested team while on a back to back and 11 times we play against a team on a back to back while being rested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad