Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If I had to guess, he was given an invite to Flames rookie / training camp after a solid dev camp but chose the Flyers camp invite as they had not just traded for Dougie Hamilton. He got his contract on a PTO no?

I really don't remember anything about it.

You seem to have a better grasp on it than I do. I only remember hearing about him at the Flames camp at all after his play in the WJHC.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Did they really have to fire him on a day that was so important to him? They couldn't wait a day???

Well done Rogers. ..... not.

Reactions: super6646

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I for one will kind of miss Grapes, mostly for the nostalgia from watching HNIC when I was a kid back when it was actually good. Wasn't his biggest fan or anything but thought he provided some entertainment, which is really what pro sports are about. At least he took a stance on things, even if often that stance was poorly defended and xenophobic. What his segments did was invite people to agree or disagree with him, which involves the audience to a greater degree than the simple reporting and fence sitting most pundits do now.

Definitely passed his best before date, probably by more than a decade. Rogers letting him go on Remembrance Day just seemed petty and small, which I guess has always been the prevailing attitudes at Sportsnet.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If I had to guess, he was given an invite to Flames rookie / training camp after a solid dev camp but chose the Flyers camp invite as they had not just traded for Dougie Hamilton. He got his contract on a PTO no?

From what I understand, we had a logjam at the time. The Myers that did a training camp with us and the Myers that signed in Philly after a training camp there were very different players. Myers apparently learned a ton at our Dev camp and developed beyond expectation after one season. I believe it was the same for Zamula.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Oilers are making the playoffs...

I’m sure they are thanking their lucky stars brad forgot his meds. Yikes

Has nothing to do with Neal. They have two of the top 5 players in the league and a coach that has them playing decent team defense

I wouldn’t use this Colorado game as a reference though. They’re missing 2/3 of their top line and started their third string goalie

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Has nothing to do with Neal. They have two of the top 5 players in the league and a coach that has them playing decent team defense

I wouldn’t use this Colorado game as a reference though. They’re missing 2/3 of their top line and started their third string goalie

We took their worst contract off their hands and gave them a threat of a scorer on the pp (along with way way more flexibility). I’d be surprised if lucic even gets 11 goals for the duration of his contract in any capacity. And for the people screaming we don’t need scoring rn and lucic has his use... lmfao. Our 4th line makes the stajan-brouwer combo look like a steal.

Godawful. And anyway, oilers get to 90 pts with a 500 record. I think they are capable of about that.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We took their worst contract off their hands and gave them a threat of a scorer on the pp (along with way way more flexibility). I’d be surprised if lucic even gets 11 goals for the duration of his contract in any capacity. And for the people screaming we don’t need scoring rn and lucic has his use... lmfao. Our 4th line makes the stajan-brouwer combo look like a steal.

Godawful. And anyway, oilers get to 90 pts with a 500 record. I think they are capable of about that.
.500 is 82 points. 90 is 8 over.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Neal's scored 12 goals so far and has been played a huge part in some of their early wins which gave them belief.

And even if he is a black hole at even strength, Lucic is barely any better. It's looking more and more likely that the Oilers will make the playoffs and this trade will definitely be part of the reason why they do

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I don't know where to put this on your board.

In looking up news updates on Brodie, I found myself at his Wikipedia page.

His name can't really be Thomas Jhomas. Can it?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Neal's scored 12 goals so far and has been played a huge part in some of their early wins which gave them belief.

And even if he is a black hole at even strength, Lucic is barely any better. It's looking more and more likely that the Oilers will make the playoffs and this trade will definitely be part of the reason why they do

7 games, 1+1, -7, shooting at 9.1%. That's the Neal of November, and I bet it's gonna be more like that for the rest of the year than what his first few games where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad