Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Reading that tweet makes me hope our Babcock influenced coach isn't pulling the same shit

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
So Neal has more goals than any Flames player. Thats actually hilarious.

I mean he is a black hole 5 v 5 still and has taken Chiassons production. Literally, he's worse than Lucic 5v5, which is saying something, but he's helping Edmontons PP. Tippett is the real hero in Edmonton and obviously McDrai scoring at an unsustainable pace.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I mean he is a black hole 5 v 5 still and has taken Chiassons production. Literally, he's worse than Lucic 5v5, which is saying something, but he's helping Edmontons PP. Tippett is the real hero in Edmonton and obviously McDrai scoring at an unsustainable pace.

It is really weird because everywhere he has gone he has done this, except Calgary....makes me wonder if Jagr still had something to give

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

All these things are true, but as you say he is producing on their Powerplay, and it is winning them games. They don't come back against the Yotes last night without Neals earlier goal.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
All these things are true, but as you say he is producing on their Powerplay, and it is winning them games. They don't come back against the Yotes last night without Neals earlier goal.

Yup. I’d say odds are about even if lucic even scores a single goal this year in any situation. Big oof by flames management (to the surprise by almost no one here at least).

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Should we go over all the ex Oiler players that are thriving over the past 5 or 6 years after they left Edmonton? But ya.. lets look at a 44 year old Jagr.

Bigger difference is that the Oilers sucked for years at developing players, Neal was a consistant 20 goal top six forward every year he has been in the league, except for Calgary.
Edmonton has not had a lot of consistant top six NHL forwards come here to begin with. We did have Lucic but after his first season he fell off a cliff.

Again I know my team's flaws and am not pretending they do not exsist. The Neal/Lucic deal might be the worst deal in the NHL right now.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Too many of these types of stories for at least some of them to not be true

Honestly too bad the reporters only have the balls to report these types of things once they’re on their way out of town
Where were these reports before he signed with the Leafs?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Flames fans calling the trade a "win-win" have too much pride to admit the Oilers got one over on Treliving

James Neal has 3.5x more goals than Lucic has points.

He’s also probably the worst player in the league 5 on 5. Much worse then Lucic 5 on 5

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's better PR for him to own it and admit he made a mistake than deny wrongdoing when it seems like the dam is about burst with more bad press any day now.

Really makes you think about all of Babcock's proteges now

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Here's the weird thing though, I don't think many realize how long some of this stuff is going on and how prevalent it is. For instance, when Hartley was around, there were rumors about mind games and public humiliation and whatnot. What we never figured out was what type of stuff it was. This kind of thing fits the rumor to a T, but honestly speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just one of a dozen different types of tools that falls into these mind games/humiliation categories.

I don't think it's impossible Peters does this as well, but I also don't think this is a situation where it's a minority of coaches that do it. It could even properly fit into the reason why many coaches have a shelf life. I think a majority does it as well with perhaps only the newer school ones that don't or have superior methods that are better received than the older school types of methods?

Reactions: InfinityIggy

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Here's the weird thing though, I don't think many realize how long some of this stuff is going on and how prevalent it is. For instance, when Hartley was around, there were rumors about mind games and public humiliation and whatnot. What we never figured out was what type of stuff it was. This kind of thing fits the rumor to a T, but honestly speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just one of a dozen different types of tools that falls into these mind games/humiliation categories.

I don't think it's impossible Peters does this as well, but I also don't think this is a situation where it's a minority of coaches that do it. It could even properly fit into the reason why many coaches have a shelf life. I think a majority does it as well with perhaps only the newer school ones that don't or have superior methods that are better received than the older school types of methods?

Mike Keenan would never!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->