Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I hope neither of those deals come close to happening. But I would think both of the other teams would be more than willing to make them. Although Washington might have sentimental reasons to keep Backstrom.

I don't see any reason to downgrade from Gaudreau to Tkachuk. The brother thing is such an awful reason to acquire a guy, especially when they play the same position.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This kind of stuff happens all the time. In another universe, Kneeordano is a Coyote for life
93a85c7e27c2e5cfc2c4e1b3103c44ae.png

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not signing Philippe Myers was mega big stupid dumb

Did he play well in his time in camp?

I find it hard to criticize the Flames when every single other team in the league passed him over and he obviously took big strides later in his career.

Similar to the Flames supposedly being idiots for letting St. Louis go but every other team in the league passed on having him for free as well.

Now it would be different if he impressed in his time here but if he was meh and every other team in the league also saw fit not to add him it seems like bad luck more than stupidity.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Did he play well in his time in camp?

Here were the comments i could track down online by people who viewed 2015 dev camp:

Myers - He is big and fast. A good combination for a D-man. Need to see more.

Philippe Myers scores a beauty 5 hole goal. 6-4 Red

But it is curious, I thought Myers looked pretty good and he's a guy who can throw them and is also a defenseman, but the Flames probably want a good look at the defensemen already on their reserve list.

Reactions: crackdown44

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Here were the comments i could track down online by people who viewed 2015 dev camp:

I remember him being very good at everything. He wasn’t dominant or anything and I don’t know what our contract situation was at the time so I can’t say with absolute certainty that he warranted one

But he’s been so damn impressive over the past three years that it hurts a little bit more every time you see his name pop up

Reactions: ScrewNHLOfficiating

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

If this is true Sportsnet should be ashamed of itself. Cherry was bang on with his comments.

I know I am only one person and it won't make a difference but I will do my best to boycott Sportsnet and CBC if true.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
If this is true Sportsnet should be ashamed of itself. Cherry was bang on with his comments.

I know I am only one person and it won't make a difference but I will do my best to boycott Sportsnet and CBC if true.

I can get behind him saying that ALL Canadians need to do a better job of wearing poppies or supporting veterans

The fact that he had to deliver the sentiment shrouded in bigotry is why he deservedly gets the axe. Singling out a particular demographic doesn’t accomplish anything, it doesn’t even start a conversation because everyone will focus on the bigotry, not the message

I live in Montreal and I can say with absolute certainty that the lack of poppies has nothing to do with where you’re from or at what stage in your life you became a Canadian

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I can get behind him saying that ALL Canadians need to do a better job of wearing poppies or supporting veterans

The fact that he had to deliver the sentiment shrouded in bigotry is why he deservedly gets the axe. Singling out a particular demographic doesn’t accomplish anything, it doesn’t even start a conversation because everyone will focus on the bigotry, not the message

I live in Montreal and I can say with absolute certainty that the lack of poppies has nothing to do with where you’re from or at what stage in your life you became a Canadian

There was no bigotry at all just a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do then create fake outrage and get offended at anything.

Such a pathetic society that we are turning into.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
There was no bigotry at all just a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do then create fake outrage and get offended at anything.

Such a pathetic society that we are turning into.

I mean he literally said “you people” while clearly referring to immigrants. Not sure what more he has to do. Also I’d like to know how Don knows someone is an immigrant just by looking at them

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure what is worse the fact he was railroaded or the fact that idiots are celebrating it.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Now it's official

Interview to come.

I think last year's rumours of Rogers wanting to let him go were true but they were left with no choice but to bring him back after he pulled that stunt on twitter and announced he wasn't going anywhere.

His dismissal is years overdue but he's absolutely said much worse over the years, so this feels like Rogers were biding their time and waiting to turf him at the sign of his first inevitable slip-up. It's going to be interesting to see how they address this on HNIC

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Woah.

He should've retired gracefully last year. This is just a terrible way to end a decades long career on TV. Don't agree with firing him over this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad