Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Landing Lafreniere and Byfield would be a decent speed up for a rebuild. Any protection on the Sharks pick?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I know it's still really early in the season but an interesting development to watch is San Jose, they're 30th in the league and Ottawa has their 1st rounder this year.

Would be absolutely hilarious if the Sens got a top pick from that trade after losing theirs to Colorado.

That being said, we had similar conversations this time last year with San Jose's pick going to Buffalo in the Kane trade.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Brady Tkachuk trending on twitter for all the Tkachuk reasons
Think a Johnny hockey-for-Tkachuk"2 Brady-style trade could come about?
Interesting possibilities anyways?
Could see a future top-line of Tkachukx2 and Lindholm centering. Then we trade Monahan , if he doesn't show improved determination for another better play-maker center ( maybe Niklas Backstrom?)

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Could see a future top-line of Tkachukx2 and Lindholm centering. Then we trade Monahan , if he doesn't show improved determination for another better play-maker center ( maybe Niklas Backstrom?)

I hope neither of those deals come close to happening. But I would think both of the other teams would be more than willing to make them. Although Washington might have sentimental reasons to keep Backstrom.

I don't see any reason to downgrade from Gaudreau to Tkachuk. The brother thing is such an awful reason to acquire a guy, especially when they play the same position.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I hope neither of those deals come close to happening. But I would think both of the other teams would be more than willing to make them. Although Washington might have sentimental reasons to keep Backstrom.
Don't think Washington makes the trade. As much as Monahan would definitely be able to replace Backstrom for the most part (Kuzy going full time first line), Ovi would stop it. A trade like that, there is no way they do it without Ovi's blessing, and Ovi all but said if he stays in Washington after his current contract, it's only if Backstrom stays.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yes, to the tkachuk for gaudreau deal

We need to get ahead of Ottawa on the lafrenier cup

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yes, to the tkachuk for gaudreau deal

We need to get ahead of Ottawa on the lafrenier cup

...I have no words to describe how ASININE it is for insinuating we should even ATTEMPT to tank.... if anyone thinks that, they need to seriously give their head a shake and rethink their fandom.
it's been 1 month. on a team that is consistently slow out of the gate. chill.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
...I have no words to describe how ASININE it is for insinuating we should even ATTEMPT to tank.... if anyone thinks that, they need to seriously give their head a shake and rethink their fandom.
Maybe my English is no good but that's not my point

My point is trading johhny for Brady is almost the same as tanking...

Lol I thought English is easy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This team is second in our division. Hopefully we can make use of this homestand and string 4 wins a row or something because , man oh man, the Pacific is something else this season
b142b562-5664-425d-88b7-c5237ceefa36-gif.273873

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Lafreniere would look damn good in the Flaming C.

Reactions: ScrewNHLOfficiating

Khrox

May 31, 2018
2 x Tkachuk's would be the dirtiest team in the league, then throw Looch in there.

Also Brady can play C.
Are you seriously suggesting a Lucic-B. Tkachuk-M. Tkachuk line? Because I am 100% for that. That would be hilarious. I have a feeling it would result in a bench brawl against any Tortorella coached team.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

As an Oiler fan my advice for Calgary would be do not go down the tanking path, or at least if you are gonna do it get someone better than Treliving in charge. It has created an awful pattern up north.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
As an Oiler fan my advice for Calgary would be do not go down the tanking path, or at least if you are gonna do it get someone better than Treliving in charge. It has created an awful pattern up north.
Ehh, for a tank Tre would be really good. We've had fairly strong drafting under him so far, and he is great with RFA contracts. Which is perfect for a tanking team.

I'd really rather just avoid tanking though.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

There's a rumour going around that Jason Spezza will also be waived today. If he is waived, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ottawa claims him and his $700,000 contract.

Looks like Hyman is healthy and the Leafs are clearing cap space for his return.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to hope Neal slows down, but it's a way of framing it that I don't care for very much. He's got 2 PPG in there as well, which sounds way better than one point in 9 games. I get it's twitter and you can't highlight it all, but just wanted to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad