Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
and they’ve all come back to force OT so far
giphy.gif

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Seems fair for Josi. Can’t let him walk for free. Also he’s not overly physical so I could see him being pretty good even in his mid/late thirties

Maybe a couple bad years on the back end but by then 9mil will be the new 6 and Nashville’s window will have likely closed

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Seems fair for Josi. Can’t let him walk for free. Also he’s not overly physical so I could see him being pretty good even in his mid/late thirties

Maybe a couple bad years on the back end but by then 9mil will be the new 6 and Nashville’s window will have likely closed
Yup, Poile rarely screws up contracts. That's the going price for franchise guys and Josi will be good for years to come. Also they've had him on a ridiculous discount ($4M) for years.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Not going to lie, my rare encounters with HF Sharks fans have been suicide inducing

Happy to see them doing poorly. Also it looks like someone dumped some gas in the Edmonton dumpster and someone is about to drop a match

Reactions: Janks and Mobiandi

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

This is not a smart hockey player. On the plus side, can't imagine him wanting to sign in a Canadian fishbowl if he can't handle New Jersey fans.

He isn't going to sign with a Canadian team because of the media/fans. He was put through the ringer in Edmonton, he's not going to chance that again here or anywhere else.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Carolina seems like the perfect fit for him. Play style and general quirkiness of the organization
Maybe he's just one of those guys that hates being in the public eye. Boston and Calgary are both pressure cookers when it comes to hockey/sports.

Reactions: Nanuuk

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Maybe he's just one of those guys that hates being in the public eye. Boston and Calgary are both pressure cookers when it comes to hockey/sports.

Still didn't like the way he was treated when being sent out of the organization. He didn't deserve the character assassination in the media. We needed a shakeup and improved fwd depth, and he made sense for that proposition.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Still didn't like the way he was treated when being sent out of the organization. He didn't deserve the character assassination in the media. We needed a shakeup and improved fwd depth, and he made sense for that proposition.
I agree. The amount of memes that came out over an off-hand comment by [someone on Sportsnet] about him liking museums was ridiculous and petty.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I don't really care about Hamilton's locker room issues and whether or not they exist. The Freddie thing was really weird though

My biggest issue was always that he was a soft Dman that took 40 games to get going every season and seemed to care more about his points total than his defensive play. His presence also robbed us of two potential Norris-contending seasons from Gio.

At the end of the day, Treliving had actively been trying to turf him already into second season and Hamilton was ready to go after his third here

Everyone always goes on and on about how professional Treliving is. Well I recall that Dougie found out about the trade either through twitter or while watching the draft. That says enough for me. He had to go

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I don't really care about Hamilton's locker room issues and whether or not they exist. The Freddie thing was really weird though

My biggest issue was always that he was a soft Dman that took 40 games to get going every season and seemed to care more about his points total than his defensive play. His presence also robbed us of two potential Norris-contending seasons from Gio.

At the end of the day, Treliving had actively been trying to turf him already into second season and Hamilton was ready to go after his third here

Everyone always goes on and on about how professional Treliving is. Well I recall that Dougie found out about the trade either through twitter or while watching the draft. That says enough for me. He had to go

Yeah, I’m sure he did...

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Dougie could score 80 points and win the Norris and I’d still do the trade 10/10 times. Lindholm and Hanifin long term under 5M are the most underrated deals in the NHL.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I know it's still really early in the season but an interesting development to watch is San Jose, they're 30th in the league and Ottawa has their 1st rounder this year.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I know it's still really early in the season but an interesting development to watch is San Jose, they're 30th in the league and Ottawa has their 1st rounder this year.
Yeah, they really look like a mess lol. Jones and Karlsson with two of the worst contracts in the league at the moment.

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad