Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Oilers are like if the Pens hired Mike Milbury after the 2005 season instead of Shero. I almost feel bad which takes a lot for me regarding sports.

Reactions: Shady Machine

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I feel sorry for the players, especially McDavid. As for the rest of that organization, nah. Chiarelli and co. were full of themselves and made a bunch of dumb moves. It takes a special group to run the Oilers into the ground like they have.

Also, I don't give a shit about the Crosby vs. McDavid thing. Why get caught up in that and miss a player like him? It's why I feel for him having to play through that tire fire.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Every one of Chiarelli's moves reeks of desperation.

It’s pretty common sense you build from the backup net out into your bottom pair D. It’s the way the league is going..

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
And talking about a what a team did AFTER they played us......this one goes back to October.

Remember when we played Calgary and embarrassed them 9-1...!?!?!

Well, listening to one of their broadcasters, he said that was the turning point of their season. His take of that game was that the coaching staff, Bill Petters and Co., new to the team, said to the team following the loss, "Ok. are you guys finally ready to listen to us??" And that the team began to buy into what the staff was preaching. That it took that embarrassment to realize that what they were doing, wasn't good enough.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
And talking about a what a team did AFTER they played us......this one goes back to October.

Well, listening to one of their broadcasters, he said that was the turning point of their season. His take of that game was that the coaching staff, Bill Petters and Co., new to the team, said to the team following the loss, "Ok. are you guys finally ready to listen to us??" And that the team began to buy into what the staff was preaching. That it took that embarrassment to realize that what they were doing, wasn't good enough.

I'm saving this for when people arrive with pitchforks after a really bad game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We are a measuring stick which combined with our non-chalant play makes it an easy out for the entire league against us.

Reactions: EightyOne and BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Florida is crusssshing the Sharks.
Wut is this madness good teams lose to bad teams?!? trade everyone, fire the coach, toss the gm, everyone sucks!
Sharks got thumped 3x in a row and allowed 18 goals in that span. Yet they jobbed us.

But hey man we lost that identity. Can't forget that identity. We lose it often but man, identity.

Identity.

Reactions: shoplifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad