Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Wow...I mean the money was dumb, but then you TOTALLY go and redeem yourself Chia! Nice work with the Limited NTC...that's the real cherry on the crap sundae

Is that contract even trade-able anyway? I suppose a team needing the cap floor could have taken it.

Either way, I have absolutely no idea what that guy is doing. A better idea would have been to let both walk and trade for Jarry. At least save cap space if you are going to have mediocre goaltending and Jarry has upside.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
And talking about a what a team did AFTER they played us......this one goes back to October.

Remember when we played Calgary and embarrassed them 9-1...!?!?!

Well, listening to one of their broadcasters, he said that was the turning point of their season. His take of that game was that the coaching staff, Bill Petters and Co., new to the team, said to the team following the loss, "Ok. are you guys finally ready to listen to us??" And that the team began to buy into what the staff was preaching. That it took that embarrassment to realize that what they were doing, wasn't good enough.

well that. and the fact that Mike Smith is now the backup and the goalie that wasn't even supposed to make the team is having a breakout season.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is that contract even trade-able anyway? I suppose a team needing the cap floor could have taken it.

Either way, I have absolutely no idea what that guy is doing. A better idea would have been to let both walk and trade for Jarry. At least save cap space if you are going to have mediocre goaltending and Jarry has upside.
The signing is bizarre because they are already in cap hell and Chia somehow gets the ok from ownership yet again.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sharks lost 3rd consecutive game after beating us. This time to the Panthers. 6-2.
Tonight Sharks v Capitals, this will break one teams slide, obviously. Hope its a good game though having to subject myself to watching the Capitals with no penguins games.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Tonight Sharks v Capitals, this will break one teams slide, obviously. Hope its a good game though having to subject myself to watching the Capitals with no penguins games.

The Carolina Flames play the Calgary Hurricanes tonight. That might be a good game.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pens are guaranteed to lose the 1st game back from break let’s be honest.
Who knows which team will show up. Half the guys will be at the sunny beaches the other half with their families... how much grog they have to shake off is yet to be seen. I expect a sloppy first period without a doubt.

I mean, not being negative, but they are released from the team for a few days right? When do they have to report back?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
For those that criticize Shero for his drafting or Scuderi. Go look at Edmonton to what could have happened.

BMac doesn’t really criticise people too much but this is about as harsh as he gets

“I don’t ever recall a situation where you go transaction-by-transaction where the team - in this case the Oilers - comes out on the wrong side of it so clearly just about every time. I don’t ever recall a situation like that, and especially for a guy like Peter Chiarelli, who has been a very well-respected guy in the National Hockey League.”

Reactions: Turin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What a wild game. The caps are in serious trouble with this porous play.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol...McDavid asked before the Oilers game tonight how the Oilers can because a more consistent team, and he replied, “that’s a good question. Idk. We have to find a way”...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Damn...Isles already with a goal...CHI looks like LAK in those black unis....why

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Apparently the Sharks blew their entire season load on the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad