Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
I think ferland just left the flames v canes game...caught a blurb, but my crappy cox dvr isnt rewinding, so...

they might have said he took a 'slight' hit to the head...it was the lady announcer and she's a quiet talker...

edit - update:

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think ferland just left the flames v canes game...caught a blurb, but my crappy cox dvr isnt rewinding, so...

they might have said he took a 'slight' hit to the head...it was the lady announcer and she's a quiet talker...

edit - update:

He just had a concussion in December too... buyer beware...

Reactions: BillPrep

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
He just had a concussion in December too... buyer beware...
back problems too, if the tweet on the canes board is to be believed...

I kinda didnt want him when it was going to be a bidding war for him, definitely dont now (given the 'damaged goods' and Pens history with numerous concussions)...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
back problems too, if the tweet on the canes board is to be believed...

I kinda didnt want him when it was going to be a bidding war for him, definitely dont now (given the 'damaged goods' and Pens history with numerous concussions)...

I prefer other targets but I’ll cheer if we land him for a reasonable price and he stays healthy...I just wouldn’t want to sign him long term for his reported ask of $5-6 mil a year

Reactions: BillPrep

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The people saying Chiarelli is a clown, you guys keep forgetting, GM's can't just go and sign a bunch of ass hats to whatever they want, they have to get an OK and that has to get an OK from the ownership group.

I can't just hand out raises all willy nilly and if I wanted a raise myself, I have to go through so many hoops just to get the actual raise. Oilers don't have an idiot in management issue, I've always said, that team has a f***ing idiot as an owner. He's allowing that stuff to happen.

How does a player know this, this is deeply rooted in their f***ing history mind you, even want to be there?

Taylor Hall probably felt bad because he got traded, but being out of that hell hole is probably a shit ton better even if it's NJ he's in right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So the Metro teams all got a point tonight...despite being losers of six in a row, the Caps are still in second in the division...I hate the loser point allotments...fake parity

We better be desperate for two points on Monday...NJD is officially tied for the worst team in the league right now, and it will be a complete embarrassment if they lose to them again...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The people saying Chiarelli is a clown, you guys keep forgetting, GM's can't just go and sign a bunch of ass hats to whatever they want, they have to get an OK and that has to get an OK from the ownership group.

I can't just hand out raises all willy nilly and if I wanted a raise myself, I have to go through so many hoops just to get the actual raise. Oilers don't have an idiot in management issue, I've always said, that team has a ****ing idiot as an owner. He's allowing that stuff to happen.

How does a player know this, this is deeply rooted in their ****ing history mind you, even want to be there?

Taylor Hall probably felt bad because he got traded, but being out of that hell hole is probably a **** ton better even if it's NJ he's in right now.

He wouldn’t have to get approval for every signing or trade. He has a budget to work within and it seems to be the cap ceiling and he goes about his work from their.

Yeah he’d get direction during the season like make sure they make the playoffs but once he gets given that it’s up to him to execute on it.

Edmonton has made a series of mistakes over the years the GM’s and Coaches get no reprieve from that.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He wouldn’t have to get approval for every signing or trade. He has a budget to work within and it seems to be the cap ceiling and he goes about his work from their.

Yeah he’d get direction during the season like make sure they make the playoffs but once he gets given that it’s up to him to execute on it.

Edmonton has made a series of mistakes over the years the GM’s and Coaches get no reprieve from that.
Things still need to be approved. So it's a circus of idiots in Edmonton and has been for over a decade.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Things still need to be approved. So it's a circus of idiots in Edmonton and has been for over a decade.

Yeah they went full on tank mode for too long and brought up a bunch of kids in a losing culture who could pretty much do what they wanted.

They needed a bunch of support for Hall, Eberle and Nuge. This is where vets like Cullen and a few more seasoned guys to really help guide them and take some of the workload away.

Chia came in and made a lot of bad trades and signings to **** it up further. Owners should have said retool. They might not have been any worse in the standings and at least they’d be better off in future seasons.

Edmonton doesn’t seem like they have a plan except for “we’ve got McDavid”. Hopefully the new GM can do better even if the owners are pushing playoffs for this season.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
:( Chi about to get fired apparently. BOOOOO!!!!!!

If that’s the case, then why was he allowed to make all these moves? That’s just show that the franchise is a shitshow from every position.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Good night mostly... would have been nice for at least one of the metro teams to lose in regulation but it was good any way.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That contract makes the Jack Johnson one look kinda not terrible
If we compare all of the bad contracts to the bad Oilers contracts, every contract kind of looks not terrible.

I just hope Edmonton hires back a former player that has been training as an ASGM for a team that just won back 2 back cups not so long ago.

Bill Guerin, get the f*** out go get that job bud!

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Hertl is a beast. Ovi with a hat-trick? No problem, I can do that too. :) TOR - WSH is going to be a game of desperation (by regular season standards, of course).

How can they fire Chiarelli, he was funnier than most sitcoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->