Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ehh...we got our guy in Brassard.
Now THAT made me laugh.
I am banned from upvoting, but you earned a verbal upvote +10

Even if your serious... you still get the up-vote since brass is the only penguin I openly boisterously callously and feverishly voice my malevolent disapproval for the wretch.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The way things are going the Caps might find themselves fourth in the Metro soon. :)

Though, we will probably start losing soon and the Islanders will cool down too. Buffalo is sinking, so a WC spot is an option if we lose our form.

in other news, the Oilers showing the Kings how proper tanking is done. I wonder how much of this circus is Mcdavid going to take.

Reactions: EightyOne

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Man Colorado is gonna be stacked with Rantanen, Hughes and MacKinnon.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That's kind of odd. We're going to do something generous to help save someone's life . . . . . only if the Flyers score in OT. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Watched the Sharks/Lighting last night. Fun to watch playoff-level hockey in January.

It's funny, a Flyers fan on reddit tried to convince me this was fine and that it was no different to the NHL pledging money per save....

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Why did Ottawa blow their team up. They could have had Karlsson, Duchene, Brassard, Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Tkachuk etc. I know their ownership sucks and they had a really bad year, but They have some really good players.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
watching the Rags against Arizona. Man, Lundqvist is really struggling. His guys aren't playing well in front of him either. Rangers look like they're about to freefall the rest of the way. Anything they've done to this point has been an overachievement considering their personnel.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I know we're supposed to trash the Red Wings, but their younger players are fun to watch.

watching the Rags against Arizona. Man, Lundqvist is really struggling. His guys aren't playing well in front of him either. Rangers look like they're about to freefall the rest of the way. Anything they've done to this point has been an overachievement considering their personnel.

Only 6 players (if you include Colin White's 1 game) from that ECF team are still there.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
On a side note, I was getting a kick out of the thread on the main board about Sid getting ready to pass Ovechkin in career points despite playing 141 less games. All the drivel about secondary assists and how goals are “worth” more than assists and how it’s harder as a winger to put up more points, etc...

I really though that with the Caps finally getting that Cup, the ridiculous insecurity issues that their fans and fellow Pens haters had would lessen somewhat. It seemed that in order to compensate for Crosby having 3 Cups to Ovie’s none, they had to endlessly drone on about how AO is a better player and how Crosby is overrated, but I was wrong. If anything they have ramped up the talk now that Alex has his Cup.

I even saw one Caps fans claiming that he would rather have the one Cup to the Pens three because Ovechkin is more fun to watch...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Oshie looks like poop. Would be huge for us if that guy starts to wash up soon. Dude kills us. And with his style of play and undersized frame, one would think that might happen.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ducks squad, rested and at home, playing the Oilers tonight. EDM played last night. Currently, 3-0 Oilers.

EDIT: Draisaitl scores, 4-0

Last edited:

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
On a side note, I was getting a kick out of the thread on the main board about Sid getting ready to pass Ovechkin in career points despite playing 141 less games. All the drivel about secondary assists and how goals are “worth” more than assists and how it’s harder as a winger to put up more points, etc...

I really though that with the Caps finally getting that Cup, the ridiculous insecurity issues that their fans and fellow Pens haters had would lessen somewhat. It seemed that in order to compensate for Crosby having 3 Cups to Ovie’s none, they had to endlessly drone on about how AO is a better player and how Crosby is overrated, but I was wrong. If anything they have ramped up the talk now that Alex has his Cup.

I even saw one Caps fans claiming that he would rather have the one Cup to the Pens three because Ovechkin is more fun to watch...

What about the post that said Crosby was just Backstrom with better team support? :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The Sharks look really good tonight...flying around...Hertl with a great backhand...looked like Sid or G on it....they’re going to be a tough out in the POs...

I look forward to the Pens coming into town on the 15th. Every Sharks game I've been to this year, SJS have won. So kinda scared to be going to the game vs PIT now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad