Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Blues choking too...Isles and CBJ winning...I can’t believe we’ve won 8 in a row and we’re still in a dogfight for a PO spot...

Well we lost 9 out of 10 at the start of November so it’s our own doing but it’s also our own doing to get back on track which we did

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Blues choking too...Isles and CBJ winning...I can’t believe we’ve won 8 in a row and we’re still in a dogfight for a PO spot...
Well, not surprising giving that 10 game nightmare stretch of suck.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Doughty blatant elbow to the face of McDavid. No call.

Kings score, up 3-0. Oilers suck.

New acquisitions,

Petroivc, -3
Manning -2

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I ventured onto the main boards the other night.

I dont know why.

It is such lawlessness. If we think WE are bad at player management and team decisions on THIS board...ahhahahahahaha, well....hahahahahaha

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Kypreos saying the Oilers better respond to the Doughty elbow to McDavid's face, and laughing at him, after he did it. As no Oiler responded after it happened. But it was behind the play, so they might not have seen it. As I think Kassian sure would have if he did. He's a loose cannon. I don't think he will play that.

Could be some 2nd period fireworks.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Kypreos saying the Oilers better respond to the Doughty elbow to McDavid's face, and laughing at him, after he did it. As no Oiler responded after it happened. But it was behind the play, so they might not have seen it. As I think Kassian sure would have if he did. He's a loose cannon. I don't think he will play that.

Could be some 2nd period fireworks.

Post a clip if one surfaces.

I am against shitty hits and would love to be mad at another one, plus the stupid f***ing DoPS.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh surprise! Tampa is playing San Jose. Now I have something to watch. San Jose is decent... I hope its a close game.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
The video won't load for me. Is he ok?

He's fine as far as I know. There's a shorter video on twitter of the elbow, but I included this one from r/hockey because you can see Doughty laughing on the bench in the aftermath.

If you right-click on the video and click "copy link URL," you can watch the video in a new tab. That usually works for me.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Elbow? Sure, by definition. Mostly a baby tap, absolutely!

Doughty's arm doesn't even move as fast as McDavid flings his head back.

2min penalty? Maybe. Outrage worthy...no...

no...

hahahahaha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He's fine as far as I know. There's a shorter video on twitter of the elbow, but I included this one from r/hockey because you can see Doughty laughing on the bench in the aftermath.

If you right-click on the video and click "copy link URL," you can watch the video in a new tab. That usually works for me.
What a dirty bastard. Shit like that makes me so angry, 1 because its to the head and any head shot can ruin a career at any moment - you never know how any person will handle brain injury - one shot could be enough. and 2 that it went uncalled, I can't stand when refs miss those shots OR even worse, they see them and think they are embellished so call nothing.

Also, I really don't think they were laughing at the elbow to the face... if so that is just low.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Elbow? Sure, by definition. Mostly a baby tap, absolutely!

Doughty's arm doesn't even move as fast as McDavid flings his head back.

2min penalty? Maybe. Outrage worthy...no...

no...

hahahahaha
It's just the fact that he did it in my mind. It's not the ufc and he threw that elbow up high which makes it a deliberate elbow to face / head and that is just dirty as hell and wrong.

I'm not going by the severity or embellishment really... I just hate cheap shots like that

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It's just the fact that he did it in my mind. It's not the ufc and he threw that elbow up high which makes it a deliberate elbow to face / head and that is just dirty as hell and wrong.

I'm not going by the severity or embellishment really... I just hate cheap shots like that

Mitigating factors: both skating in the same direction, and he barely touched McDavid.

Most elbows are of the flying check type. This was like tapping a dudes shinpads and calling it slashing on the way to a line change level of egregiousness.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Mitigating factors: both skating in the same direction, and he barely touched McDavid.

Most elbows are of the flying check type. This was like tapping a dudes shinpads and calling it slashing on the way to a line change level of egregiousness.
Ok now I watched it several times to really check it out.
Yeah, I think you are right. Only thing I don't like about it was that Drew even attempted to do such a high elbow.

Wow what quick goals!!!! This San Jose Tampa game is going to be a battle!

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Ok now I watched it several times to really check it out.
Yeah, I think you are right. Only thing I don't like about it was that Drew even attempted to do such a high elbow.

Wow what quick goals!!!! This San Jose Tampa game is going to be a battle!

Right, I would be fine if the refs called a 2min minor on it. It is indicative of what the league wants OUT of hockey--and I mostly agree.

But to be like, OMG McDavid was abused by Doughty---yeah--no.

Sharks should get some goals...it was Owen Nolan 'All-Star Game Point' bobblehead night in SJS hahaha

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Right, I would be fine if the refs called a 2min minor on it. It is indicative of what the league wants OUT of hockey--and I mostly agree.

But to be like, OMG McDavid was abused by Doughty---yeah--no.

Sharks should get some goals...it was Owen Nolan 'All-Star Game Point' bobblehead night in SJS hahaha

LOL WHUT!?!?! He called his shot and scored?!?!? Incredible.

Also I remember his center ice shot that scored. Was that in the playoffs yet, do you remember / know what I'm talking about?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
It was playoffs--was 2nd goal in game but ended up not only the GWG but the Game 7 series clincher.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It was playoffs--was 2nd goal in game but ended up not only the GWG but the Game 7 series clincher.

Great finding that video. I remember seeing that highlight waaaaay back in the day thinking to myself, wow that was just pure epic. Who slap-shots from center ice and scores in that manner during an important game no less. That was beyond epic.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Great finding that video. I remember seeing that highlight waaaaay back in the day thinking to myself, wow that was just pure epic. Who slap-shots from center ice and scores in that manner during an important game no less. That was beyond epic.

Plus it was the 8th seed beating the 1st seed.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Plus it was the 8th seed beating the 1st seed.
That is pretty impressive.

Also, I'm still impressed Kane is working out in San Jose. After all that cancer in the dressing room business he ended up turning his act around. Good on him I suppose. Guy turned his clown act around.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That is pretty impressive.

Also, I'm still impressed Kane is working out in San Jose. After all that cancer in the dressing room business he ended up turning his act around. Good on him I suppose. Guy turned his clown act around.

Ehh...we got our guy in Brassard.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sharks further proving me right about them being a threat. Hertl, Labanc, Meier and Karlsson at forward all look like they are going to take the next step. You have Couture, Pavs, and Thornton as the vets. Kane in their now too as a goal scorer and then no Vlasic and Braun and they smack around the Lightning.

Wonder if they are a dark horse to trade for Bob if he is available at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad