OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Barzal goes to Vegas, Trotz comes in, Tavares re-signs, and Lou makes two picks (in the Top 20) tomorrow. Heck of a week for the Islanders if all of that happens.

He reminds me of Johnston.
Trading Barzal would be monumentally stupid. I thought snow was fired?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well to be fair, if JT stays in Long Island, he's basically resigning from any sort of successful future anyhow.

Oh for sure. I wonder if this was some ploy to get JT to stay there? Maybe since they talk everyday he has a stipulation on coaching?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh for sure. I wonder if this was some ploy to get JT to stay there? Maybe since they talk everyday he has a stipulation on coaching?

No, the ploy to keep JT there is likely the firing of Weight, Snow, and virtually every idiot and replacing them with a tyrant with a proven record and now a coach that just won a cup being brought in as a fluky feather to his cap.

Lou might be an ass backwards throw back to the glory days and not in a good way either, but in his time with Toronto, he hired the right people and got that team to the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time in a long time.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No, the ploy to keep JT there is likely the firing of Weight, Snow, and virtually every idiot and replacing them with a tyrant with a proven record and now a coach that just won a cup being brought in as a fluky feather to his cap.

Lou might be an ass backwards throw back to the glory days and not in a good way either, but in his time with Toronto, he hired the right people and got that team to the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time in a long time.

I'm interested in what they are paying him.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Some shit from Montréal:

Is Habs Bergevin devolving?

Giving a potential 30+ goal scorer for someone who scored 9 goals last season of which 4 were empty netters is downright stupid imo.

Watch top 6 Galchy score twice or thrice the goals Domi will score every season from now on while Habs will be even more desperate to score.

Galchy without MTL's temptations, playing with better players in a better environment, surprised he went for so cheap.

MTL is gonna pick Zadina, a natural scorer who probably won't be ready to replace Galchy right away.

Notice that habs got rid of their 4 Russians in only 2 off-seasons (ok Galchy is an American but with Russian origins).

Locker room problems?

Oh and by all rumors Pacioretty is out, probably for a center + pick.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

Tavares : "I still get to wear 91, right?"

Lou : "How about 10? That's 9+1, and you ain't getting anything higher than 29 under my watch."

Tavares : "We've already got a guy that wears it."

Lou : "Have fun in San Jose, Johnny."

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone start a #JagrWatch yet?

;)

I'm on it . . .

giphy.gif

Reactions: MeinerEiner

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
*wheezing laugh*

Being an assistant could suit him fairly well but this is probably to replace Blashil when he sucks,

Yeah I think Bylsma would be a great assistant coach. Seems better suited there.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
WOW what an eventful friday!
JTav with the islanders, Kovalchuck, BYLSMA?!?!, and Orpik and Grub trade.

My head is spinning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad