OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
So are there any Penguins up for NHL awards this year??

I'm assuming no. But I'm not sure.

They all won this year:
XMNijck.png

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
One of the more ridiculous things on HFboards is this ridiculous value that Tanev has on here. You would think he was in the same value category as Doughty, Karlsson, and guys like that or something. It's beyond comical at this point and when you discuss it, it's personal attacks at "Oh, well, what's Olli Maatta worth!?"

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I knew I should have stayed away from NHL Network...not 30 seconds on the channel (first time I have watched since Pens were eliminated) and that doofus Mike Johnson brushing aside Crosby's injuries and less games played and lauding Ovechkin's stats. 60 seconds and I'm ready for another month-plus break... That guy has something up his ass about Crosby and the Pens, every time he is on anything he is trying to marginalize them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I knew I should have stayed away from NHL Network...not 30 seconds on the channel (first time I have watched since Pens were eliminated) and that doofus Mike Johnson brushing aside Crosby's injuries and less games played and lauding Ovechkin's stats. 60 seconds and I'm ready for another month-plus break... That guy has something up his ass about Crosby and the Pens, every time he is on anything he is trying to marginalize them.
Are you surprised though?

NHL Network has been shitting on the Pens for a long time and undermining what Sid has done so far has always been their narrative.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Are you surprised though?

NHL Network has been ****ting on the Pens for a long time and undermining what Sid has done so far has always been their narrative.
Oh, no doubt, it has always been constant attempts to drag him back to the pack. Especially because the league narrative is goons are just as important as superstars. It has been ridiculous.

And it just reminds me why I couldn't stand the Caps winning. The media presentation of them, it completely warped the national perception of who they are. They would always make the matchup of Pens/Caps more about the Caps' failures than the Pens' successes. Always dwelling on that made them, and especially Ovechkin, into a sympathetic character for casual watchers. In addition, that constant talking about him being "the best to never win" gave the impression nationally that he is the best, but just hadn't won. That talk dominated far more than Crosby or Malkin winning 3. I would always see casual fans and non-fans alike talking about how they would like to see them win, just because of what a sad story was continuously painted. Now that they have won, suddenly, the media is pushing Ovechkin as the best ever, and the whole thing just makes me sick.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I have been so out of it, that I didn't even realize Free Agent Frenzy is merely 11 days away. Time flies.

--Oh and who could forget the NHL Awards tonight. lol

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I have been so out of it, that I didn't even realize Free Agent Frenzy is merely 11 days away. Time flies.

--Oh and who could forget the NHL Awards tonight. lol

Yeah, since we got eliminated I barely have stayed in the loop about what's going on in the hockey world.

This offseason is the first one in quite a few years where I just don't care/can't bring myself to give a shit.

:dunno:

Reactions: Ignatius

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It would be funny if Carlson also walked in free agency.

Carlson is out. It is almost a guarantee.
The guy is going for his one and possibly only payday signing. He earned it. So what about all the stories of how DC is his home. He may still live there, but he will not be a capital.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Was it me, or was that the worst award show ever? The jokes are usually awkward, but this time around it was cringe-worthy watching these people attempt their little segments.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I didn't watch. I opted to take a nap instead.

Sounds like I missed absolutely nothing except a f***-ton of extra cringe.

Like...even more then usual this year. :help:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Was it me, or was that the worst award show ever? The jokes are usually awkward, but this time around it was cringe-worthy watching these people attempt their little segments.

"So, did you guys know, you don't actually HAVE to retire to find yourself living in Florida....but you probably should just retire!.....oh...tough crowd."

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

It was bad other than the sentimental moments. Although, I do have mixed opinions about using tragedies as marketing. Not saying that was their intention, but it could be interpreted that way.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

The metro gets tougher.

Going from Weight to Trotz is a gigantic improvement.

Hopefully the Caps aren't dumb enough to trade them Grubauer to help them in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->