OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Why are they so obsessed with the Penguins?

Probably has something to do with the Penguins sending them to the 1st tee box on a regular basis over the last 20 years. But hey even even blind squirrels find a nut once in a while. In this case the nut was an expansion team but thems the breaks. They were better than us this year so they get to gloat.

Hopefully Ovy doesn't get drunk while shirtless fishing with Vlad on Lake Baikal. If it he drops it in the water, we're gonna need a new Cup. Unless it floats. I guess technically it could float for a time if it had the black "lid" on it when it fell in. lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Colorado just helped Washington re-sign Carlson by letting them unload Orpik's contract on them.

Way to go, Avs. I hope you never become relevant again.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Probably has something to do with the Penguins sending them to the 1st tee box on a regular basis over the last 20 years. But hey even even blind squirrels find a nut once in a while. In this case the nut was an expansion team but thems the breaks. They were better than us this year so they get to gloat.

Hopefully Ovy doesn't get drunk while shirtless fishing with Vlad on Lake Baikal. If it he drops it in the water, we're gonna need a new Cup. Unless it floats. I guess technically it could float for a time if it had the black "lid" on it when it fell in. lol

Now you have me seriously curious. I must find this out somehow, but I have no idea how to test the theory. Could a blind squirrel truly find a nut once in a while? I must know the true answer to this. ;)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like that Carolina has ghosted logo's for their new jersey, it makes it easier when the team ghosts on them for playoff aspirations when their logo is already ghosted on the shoulder patches and the neckline.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
the real question is …"is it a male squirrel?"

lol! If it wasn't male than than of course a blind squirrel would eventually find the nut. The squirrel wouldn't even have to make much an effort because it would find them! :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Daniel Carcillo and Nick Boynton filed a lawsuit against the league on Thursday in Minnesota over head injuries. A little more here

Woah, wait a minute! They are suing the NHL over fighting! How is that even possible. Fighting is a players own prerogative.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t like that trade for Calgary. That team needs to win and they gave up a #2/pseudo #1 for a relative question mark, though Lindholm might beca slight upgrade on Ferland.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hear Detroit ownership is hoping their team can grind some *****es down next year.
All jokes aside, I am actually happy to see him finally understanding that he needs to be an Assistant. Some of the best coaches, their biggest downfall is always their ego and that their way is the right way and there is no other way, Byslma was 100% that and then some. The guy NEEDED to be humbled and his stupid ass was fired twice and it didn't happen, what did was not having work for a year and no head coaching offers at all that finally made him realize that oh shit, I should maybe be an assistant and learn.

I think Dan will be a head coach again, maybe in 3-4yrs time, likely in Detroit. But I still think the guy can be a fantastic coach, he has a ton to learn and it's unfortunate it's behind another shit coach, but he'll learn.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Woah, wait a minute! They are suing the NHL over fighting! How is that even possible. Fighting is a players own prerogative.
Yes and no, if they have proof that they were told they had to fight or get out of the game or something like that, that is putting a player at risk for injury like the concussions both had.

That might not jive well in the court where they don't care about "old time hockey" and the rules that went with it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Avs did well with that Grubby signing, around what Murray makes for 3yrs...that's a very very good contract. I find myself impressed with Sakic lately. After that whole Duchene debacle, the guy has been getting a lot of wins lately with his moves.

And I love that Orpik went from winning the cup, to being a cap dump and being bought out. f*** you, you arrogant piece of shit Brooks. Go sign a cheap deal on some bottom feeder team and slowly fade away like the turd you are.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
HOLY **** HF...SORT YOUR GOD DAMN **** OUT.

Yes and no, if they have proof that they were told they had to fight or get out of the game or something like that, that is putting a player at risk for injury like the concussions both had.

Like actual threats of them losing their jobs if they didn't.

That might not jive well in the court where they don't care about "old time hockey" and the rules that went with it.

---

OH LOOK A DOUBLE POST JUST TO MAKE AN EDIT.

lol...
In order for me to post I have to quote / reply to someone and then hurry up and edit it to what I want to actually post, which takes 5 clicks to get past the error screen for trying to edit. THEN my posts don't even show up yet people reply to them and/or like them so I don't even know if they are there are not.

In response to your reply, so would the fighting case be like a 'hear-say' type of court case? That would be mighty difficult to prove wouldn't it?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The board having issues is something I expect in the 90's with shit servers. To have this as an issue in 2018, is so freaking hilarious especially since this place has sold out a few times to people with more money and yet this is still thing.

Jeez.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tavares will talk to teams other than Islanders: report

So JT is most likely getting OUT of the isles.
I think Stamkos did the same before he stayed with Tampa. I think he's just seeing what is out there.

But it would be funny...

They fire all the clowns, hire Lou, hire Trotz who just won a cup and Tavares is like see ya after things could actually finally get better, lmao.

Although I seriously hope he never goes to Dallas. f*** Dallas. Booing us because your GM is our GM's bitch.

Reactions: Bryan Rust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad