OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hoffman to the Sharks
San Jose is all about taking everyone's problems. Do we have any messed up individuals we need to trade away?

Edit: Oh wait, now a Panther, lmao...Dorion is probably like "what the hell?"

That return for Hoffman is horrendous though, talk about his entire value damaged with this internet trolling crap by his fiance. Weird that Florida or any team would be ok having THAT in their dressing room.

But wow, what a terrible return.

Yeah, that's kind what I mean on the Seals, it's fine sounding, but has a history elsewhere. The list, as a whole, is pretty lackluster. Kraken is actually pretty intriguing.

I find it hilarious that Sockeyes is being blocked by some fantasy romance novelist.

I mean Kraken sounds cool, so many cool head lines and when they have their home games when they introduce their team, right before "RELEASE THE KRAKEN, HERE'S YOUR STARTING LINE-UP..." ...like, that's awesome. I want that.

That should be a thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sens are becoming more and more incompetent by the second.

Can they be more incompetent when they already started as incompetent from the get go?

Ottawa Senators, futility is in their DNA. A team so bad, so cheap with wanting top talent that they tanked on purpose for years which brought forth the lottery draft and they still sucked or fell short of realizing their potential.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why would Letang accept a trade to Ottawa?

Yeah, I would think Ottawa is on his list of "Lol, no thanks" if he were to be asked to present a list of teams he would not go to. I wonder if the Oilers are though, Imagine if we could pull off a deal where we send Brassard + Letang for Draisaitl and pick a D that won't get people pissed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sens are a mess they might actually take some type of Letang package for Karlsson

No, they're not. They're a total **** show, but they're not going to take Letang when teams like Colorado and Vegas can offer so much better and more affordable packages.

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The Sens were the team in a bind. Desperate to shed Hoffman, a toxic asset, and cash.

That said, I don't follow why they didn't just deal with Florida directly.

I'll have to search for the link I believe I saw. But I'm fairly certain I seen something that said this Panthers did try to get Hoffman directly from Ottawa. But the price was too high.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d rather have those picks than a d-man San Jose would’ve waived in 3 months and an overpaid 3rd liner with basically zero value.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't understand why Dorion was pushed to trade Hoffman out of the division. They're going to suck next for the foreseeable future anyway, who cares? Take the best return you can get.

I don't understand either.

And if you really care that much about players going to another team in your division you can make that part of the trade with San Jose.

Part of a trade could be that you can't trade that player to any team in the division for so many months.

Reactions: Jacob

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Panthers add the player they were looking for and the Sharks clear room for (what you suspect is) a big fish.

Sharks a few months back were rumoured to be having a crack at Tavares. My friend said he heard that on the radio a few days ago too.

Even if they don’t land him the trade doesn’t really make them worse.

Reactions: BHD

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I can't believe that's all Hoffman got in either trade. I would have figured someone would give up a 1st+ for him or a serious prospect+. Sens are a garbage fire. The way they're going, they'll have to rebuild starting from absolutely nothing, not even a few bluechip prospects and a bunch of teams will have quality players and give up nothing of substance in return.

Ottawa sends:
Karlsson
Ryan

Avalanche send:
Ottawa 2019 1st round pick
RFA Dman (Siemens or Nemeth)

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I can't believe that's all Hoffman got in either trade. I would have figured someone would give up a 1st+ for him or a serious prospect+. Sens are a garbage fire. The way they're going, they'll have to rebuild starting from absolutely nothing, not even a few bluechip prospects and a bunch of teams will have quality players and give up nothing of substance in return.

Ottawa sends:
Karlsson
Ryan

Avalanche send:
Ottawa 2019 1st round pick
RFA Dman (Siemens or Nemeth)

They really had to trade him though with the off ice stuff. Everyone else knew that and definitely hurt his value.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
They really had to trade him though with the off ice stuff. Everyone else knew that and definitely hurt his value.

This is like Florida giving Vegas Reilly Smith to take Marchessault. Trade Hoffman for next to nothing AND take a bad contract off the Sharks only to lose Karlsson anyway.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
This is like Florida giving Vegas Reilly Smith to take Marchessault. Trade Hoffman for next to nothing AND take a bad contract off the Sharks only to lose Karlsson anyway.

Boedker had a good season and I think he was going to be moved whether Karlsson stayed or not (I assume he’s gone). It’s a fair point too without knowing the full details of the controversy.

Boedker’s history shows he puts up more points with more minutes and he should get those minutes in Ottawa. It might work out alright for Ottawa considering what happened to Hoffman’s value.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Boedker had a good season and I think he was going to be moved whether Karlsson stayed or not (I assume he’s gone). It’s a fair point too without knowing the full details of the controversy.

Boedker’s history shows he puts up more points with more minutes and he should get those minutes in Ottawa. It might work out alright for Ottawa considering what happened to Hoffman’s value.

Boedker didn’t really have a good season, unless you mean good by his putrid standards.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Sharks a few months back were rumoured to be having a crack at Tavares. My friend said he heard that on the radio a few days ago too.

Even if they don’t land him the trade doesn’t really make them worse.

I've been calling JT to San Jose since the start of the new year.
Let's see if it happens. If it does, SJ has to be a major contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad