OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Devils fans are beginning to wonder whether Shero is too loyal to his guy (Hynes). Never saw this plot twist coming...

Hynes was always a D first coach and lacked the offensive mind(had to do that really with Wilkes in the Sid/G era) to turn a high octane roster loose.
Imagine that roster with Sully at the helm.

Reactions: BHD

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It's a damn shame jerseys are so absurdly overpriced, because I'd buy a white MacKinnon jersey in a heartbeat. Love that team.
Where do people get those cheap knockoffs?

I don't really wear jerseys but I'd like to get a couple to wear around the house and not worry about beating them up.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That Lightning top line is just magic. Point is such a smart, hard working player.

Alot of great lines in NHL now and teams period. But then playoffs started and the apocalypse happpened. Canes beat Caps. Jackets beat Tampa? Isles beat us. Only reason there was a top Eastern team left cuz Boston/Toronto was other series and the winner was automatically the best after all of that. Yet a team like the Blues(no dominant top line ) beat the Bruins cuz of their D(having two top dmen ..with top D corps being the theme of last year's playoffs).

Thats why I want to add another Letang over focusing on more forward help. Our offense would just come from there instead. And teams would have to change their approach to stopping us. Theyve been used to us by now. Limit scoring and take advantage of D mistakes. While not worrying about scoring coming from multiple dmen. Nobody having that type of shot that is dangerous. Like we saw from Preds(who started this trend) and Blues last year...Pietrangelo and Parayko too dangerous. Making that trade for Oreilly put em over the top(rmemeber they were close to winning it all before that with their solid D but didnt have that center like O'Reilly to go with Tarasenko . obviously Goalie play was a huge factor too. But it takes everything.

As for us...i just want to see a diff approach finally. We went the 3C model to make us too tough to beat. Added a Kessel to give us too much top talent. But never had that defense that teams were worried about when getting the puck at the point. Would simply allow them to shoot...not worried about the result. And not referring to the PP, but 5 on 5 when having the puck in the o zone. .

We could clear ton of cap(bjugstad, Guds, JJ, etc) to give us the room to sign a dman like Josi/Barrie/etc. Or just trade for one thats a FA(Barrie this year, Josi next) near deadline. I dont think Schultz is that answer. I like him but his shot isn't on those other guys level nor is his overall play.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Laine’s pass to Connor a great example of how dominant Laine can be if he can be coached to consistently use all of his tools.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Either Maatta fixed his skating miraculously or Chicago fans are f***ing blind. They are at the very least ignorant, given that so many are still insisting that he was NEVER slow. Guess I’ll have to watch next game to see.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Either Maatta fixed his skating miraculously or Chicago fans are ****ing blind. They are at the very least ignorant, given that so many are still insisting that he was NEVER slow. Guess I’ll have to watch next game to see.

To be fair, I love some Maatta bashing, but both CHI and SJS were sketchy as hell all game. Trash trash trash.

Feel free to watch the full 8 min recap. This should be shown to anyone learning to play defense in hockey in how not to make plays. An entire game of this would have crashed HFPens. Dear lord. What is this!?!

Eh, him and dinosaur Seabrook got walked pretty good on this little 'lead' pass:

Cant chase down puck, 'finishes' a useless check, then loses body position on old man Marleau:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad