OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't care if they have to have oxygen on the bench--give me 10 minutes of 3-on-3 OT in the regular season. Nothing comes close in terms of excitement.

NHL circa 2025. In an effort to reduce their emissions due to travel, teams will now play doubleheaders 41 times a year. Games will consist of 3v3 for two 20 minute periods.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Sign me up.

You will still travel with 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

But, in an effort to keep energy at 120%, you only dress 12 per game.

2nd game you must sit 6 who played in the first.

Goalies can only play a max of 3 of the 4 periods (unless injuries).

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Only in LA.

It wasn't crappy decisions or play, it was the dreaded Taylor Swift curse.

Who cursed the Steelers and Pirates?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
This Flames/Sharks game is being played at a blistering pace. They are flying, both sides.

I was THIS close to Going, but I worked all last night and wanted to sleep instead.

SJS-CGY games are usually good.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Breaking News:

Goalie uses big pads to stop pucks on legs to stop pucks with big pads on legs.

More at 11

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Devils seriously gonna get another top 3 pick? Hopefully this time if they do finish in bottom 3 they get pushed out and dont land one of Lafrienere or Byfield. Give em to Sens if they "have" to be in the East....where all the top players go these days.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Devils seriously gonna get another top 3 pick? Hopefully this time if they do finish in bottom 3 they get pushed out and dont land one of Lafrienere or Byfield. Give em to Sens if they "have" to be in the East....where all the top players go these days.

really, Schneider and Bob have been horrible to start the season...backups aren’t better either...FLA and NJD going nowhere it appears..

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
really, Schneider and Bob have been horrible to start the season...backups aren’t better either...FLA and NJD going nowhere it appears..

Yeah i can see Devs getting top pick and then offering Holtby a ton of money(with their top players on ELCs)...since i can also see Taylor Hall leaving unless they tell him to wait it out....their plan to sign Holtby. But if they do land Lafrienere(LW) they may just let Hall walk. With his injury history hes not gonna take a short-term deal.

Already with Hughes and Hischier...if they get one of Lafrienere/Byfield...would be crazy. Shero could go to his 3C route with Byfield. 6'4 center whos ridiculously skilled.

And i could see Holtby being enticed to sign there. Being the one to get them back on top since Brodeur.

Idk if Caps can keep him. Would Backstrom really take a hometown discount when hes only made 6.7 a year? Some team would def give him an extra 3 a year even at that age. Still one of the best passers in the game.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad