Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff edition as Round #1 kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Colorado Avalanche have as much skill as the Maple Leafs but such a contrast as to how much harder they play and how they attack in such straight lines with pace. They’re getting destroyed by Dallas but I would still like to see Toronto run the offence with similar urgency.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Colorado Avalanche have as much skill as the Maple Leafs but such a contrast as to how much harder they play and how they attack in such straight lines with pace. They’re getting destroyed by Dallas but I would still like to see Toronto run the offence with similar urgency.
I would say Leafs actually got more skill upfront than Avs. The diff is Avs forward head to the net where Leafs don’t.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If the Leafs had a 2 goal with 2 mins left and the goalie was pulled, Freddy would have had to make 5-10 incredible saves.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Lamoriello Islanders need to get knocked out sooner than later. It’s a cool story but I really don’t want to see their brand of hockey be a model for many other teams. The grit grinder model is fun to watch for only so long.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
After the Avs beat the Coyotes, Pierre Maguire made a statement how the Leafs must be feeling, and this is why teams shouldn't make decisions based on analytics.
Now the Avs are down 3-1. Quite funny really.

I don't think Pierre realized the analytics community loves Kadri.

Reactions: Menzinger

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
After the Avs beat the Coyotes, Pierre Maguire made a statement how the Leafs must be feeling, and this is why teams shouldn't make decisions based on analytics.
Now the Avs are down 3-1. Quite funny really.

I don't think Pierre realized the analytics community loves Kadri.
You think McGuire would have realized Kadri was traded because he had back to back playoff suspensions in 2018 and 2019 which cost the Leafs in both those series.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
El Paso wins the Kraft Hockeyville award for 2020.
Pretty cool.
If you’ve never been there it’s quite unique and I never would have thought they’d be in the running.

Reactions: Menzinger

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Stars one game away from pull off one of the bigger upsets, if not the biggest this playoffs

From a stylistic point of view, I prefer the Avalanche, but I'm also happy that Dallas is turning the page on the Kadri to Colorado lovefest up to this point in their series.

Reactions: kb

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Mac, Landeskog and Ranta are big bodies that will skate through you to get a goal. Marner, Nylander and Matthews not so much although Matty might one day.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Puzzles me how so many around here have some sort of disdain for the Islanders and their success. Think it stems from insecurity on the difference on how the Leafs play compared to them, and Lamoriello/Dubas angle as well.

Honestly love that team and how they play.

Then again, I've always been a believer in the heavier style of game. Not a coincidence my favorite cup winners of the previous decade are Kings, Bruins, and Blues.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
From a stylistic point of view, I prefer the Avalanche, but I'm also happy that Dallas is turning the page on the Kadri to Colorado lovefest up to this point in their series.
If the Flyers can somehow win tonight and eventually eliminate the Islanders, the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final will be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Reactions: nyijedi

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Puzzles me how so many around here have some sort of disdain for the Islanders and their success. Think it stems from insecurity on the difference on how the Leafs play compared to them, and Lamoriello/Dubas angle as well.

Honestly love that team and how they play.
Personally speaking I can't stand their fans and a certain ex Leafs fan on these boards who only became an Islanders fan once John Tavares decided to sign in Toronto.

Plus there is the hypocrisy because when Lou Lamoriello was the Leafs GM he referred to him as too old and bashed the Matt Martin signing. However once Lou went to the Islanders he is now one of the best minds in the NHL and made a great move trading for Matt Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad