Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff edition as Round #1 kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's getting so hard to watch these games anymore. I've been a die hard fan for countless years and I'm losing interest fast.

Way too political for my liking!:(

Back to watching golf.:)

The politics is not my cup of tea but whatever I can just ignore it and watch.

But every time they cancel sports, whether due to the pandemic or politics, it reminds me that I can pretty quickly get over it and find other things to occupy my time with.

Today's games for the most part seemed very boring, granted I only had them on in the background for the most part while doing other things.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

But every time they cancel sports, whether due to the pandemic or politics, it reminds me that I can pretty quickly get over it and find other things to occupy my time with.

Today's games for the most part seemed very boring, granted I only had them on in the background for the most part while doing other things.
nhl hockey gets more and more boring every year tbh

Reactions: CelticDruid

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I only watched the Nucks Vs Vegas game and it was pretty good, Lehner made saves after saves after saves in the 1st, then Markstorm did the same in the 2nd. The 3rd was good not great. Vegas was hitting and its fun watching any Canucks trying to check Reeves and ended up just bouncing off him.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Hockey has been OK but it’s lacking the atmosphere that the fans bring.
I’ve watched some of all 100 games and will continue to watch, but it’s certainly lacking a key element, IMO. Is it a coincidence that there were no games 7 in the first round and only 1 game 5 in the qualifying round?

Did anyone watch any of the HS or college football yesterday? I looked at it to see what it was like. Some fans are better than none.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Pro sports have more impact in our daily lives than we all think.

It is not a coincidence that the moment NBA called off the Jazz game, all of North America began to take COVID more seriously.
If you think sports is not political or social and sports is just sports, it is no longer the case. Maybe before social medias but definitely not now.
Pro athletes have huge followings and platforms to influence or at least raise the awareness of issues. Whether people agree to their views or not, it is good for them to speak up.
I wasn't try to "say anything", so don't jump to conclusions. I was just seeking clarification as I wasn't sure what the poster had in mind.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The Hockey has been OK but it’s lacking the atmosphere that the fans bring.
I’ve watched some of all 100 games and will continue to watch, but it’s certainly lacking a key element, IMO. Is it a coincidence that there were no games 7 in the first round and only 1 game 5 in the qualifying round?

Did anyone watch any of the HS or college football yesterday? I looked at it to see what it was like. Some fans are better than none.
For some reason, I don’t see a huge diff in hockey but do notice the diff in NBA. Maybe it is the lighting or the bench....
Watching the NBA is just depressing. And I can see players not getting excited about it.
Baseball is okay, at least I don’t fell like I am watching a Spring training game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why are they not playing games in the afternoon? Col and Dal have been off and would be perfect to slot in at 3 et?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's getting so hard to watch these games anymore. I've been a die hard fan for countless years and I'm losing interest fast.

Way too political for my liking!:(

Back to watching golf.:)

Can't stand watching golf, love going out for a hack though

I can't stand politics in sport, I haven't been watching much sport recently and I can't say I'm missing it either

I guess COVID was good for something

Reactions: kb and CelticDruid

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ya, Pageau and ex-Leafs are having a good playoffs. Brassard gets the nod and is looking pretty good. Big goal to go ahead in the final seconds of the 2nd period.

Islanders bend but don't break.

6 goals in 12 games and +12 +/- to lead the NHL is very impressive for a TD addition in Pageau, the kind of players that shine in the playoffs.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Dallas is a sick team.

They're playing similar to how I'd love the Leafs to play.

Fast, physical, structured combined with very good talent.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The Avs might have to break up their core. Can't get past the 2nd round and probably can't get past the 1st round if they have any serious competition.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Avs might have to break up their core. Can't get past the 2nd round and probably can't get past the 1st round if they have any serious competition.

Thing about the Avs is even with Grubauer considered they don’t have any cap invested in net. And that’s before re-signing Makar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad