Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
A Buffalo newspaper placed the Seattle Kraken ahead of the Sabres in their power rankings.
OnPWwil.jpg

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Islanders be rolling with a skeleton crew and no Captain!!
Think about that!!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Buffalo looking like they should be ranked lower than 32 right about now. Getting obliterated by Washington. After 2 down 4-0 to Washington, only have 9 sog. What a debacle.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not really around the nhl but we don't have a KHL thread..

kid was hit in the head with a puck

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Among Rangers forwards, Kakko is:
2nd - CF%
2nd - SF%
2nd - xGF%
2nd - SCF%
4th - HDCF%
14th - PDO

Lafreniere:
6th - CF%
8th - SF%
9th - xGF%
6th - SCF%
8th - HDCF%
15th - PDO

On a dumpster fire team in a dumpster fire division, Stutzle is:
15th - CF%
16th - SF%
14th - xGF%
12th - SCF%
15th - HDCF%
6th - PDO

The argument can get dressed up however people would like, but it all comes down to PP usage and ticks in the box score. Both our guys are playing much, much better.
I love you.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
When he is given the freedom to do so, I am sure he will start to play his own game and show what he can do
I have to ask...what does this even mean...freedom to play his game? What does that mean? What aspect of his game is being held back by our coaches? He's playing with elite player...which gives him freedom to be offensively inclined.

The rangers don't really play a dump and chase game despite what the narrative here seems to be..they are very much a controlled entry but dump and recover if it's not available.

What freedom is behind taken away? Lafreniere looks lost at times and at times he looks great..the only freedom that's not being given away is the freedom to not back check oryhe freedom to ignore the back half of the ice.

By and large lafreniere has coasted a lot because he doesn't seem to know where to go or what to do...that's what happens when a teenager jumps from playing against kids to adults.

No freedom is being stifled. This is just a bs argument with little to no substance behind it used to explain away a player struggling to put up points. Lafreniere is playing a decent amount of minutes on a line with the likes of mika, kreider, panarin, strome etc. Same goes for kakko.

That they aren't producing has more to do with bad luck and growing pains that it does with some invented shackles the coaches are throwing on their players.

Reactions: Leetch3

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Does luck cease to matter after 30 games?
After a while it's just tiring. So over 30 games only bad luck has applied both Kakko/Lafreniere? Why? they've been relatively healthy. What's this black cloud of bad luck for 2 plus months now we are talking about?
I guess you can believe what you want but I am more of the belief you create your own luck. Sure "Bad Luck" can happen in a game or two but over 30 games I'm not buying it.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad