Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You guys want to talk about culture?

View attachment 408498

Edit: dear god I didn’t even realize they lost tonight too. :laugh:
We talk about culture because we don't want this.

I'm not saying we'll have it, but this is the inherent fear people have always had with a rebuild.

Granted, the Sabres have had top picks that were good out of the gate so it's a bit different.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
You guys want to talk about culture?

View attachment 408498

Edit: dear god I didn’t even realize they lost tonight too. :laugh:

0-10-2 last 12. Absolutely embarrassing. They added Staal and Hall, have rookie Cozens, Olofsson, Reinhart, Eichel. I know Jack is shutdown for a while now but he’s played most of the year. They are an absolute dumpster fire.

Hall had 182 points in his last 174 games before going to Buffalo. 36 year old Staal had still managed 240 in his last 311. They’re on pace for 48 and 30 points (in 82) respectively this year.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We talk about culture because we don't want this.

I'm not saying we'll have it, but this is the inherent fear people have always had with a rebuild.

Granted, the Sabres have had top picks that were good out of the gate so it's a bit different.
This isn’t a product of rebuilding, this is a product of an organization without a plan that is poorly run from top to bottom.

Our rebuild started years after the Sabres, and we’re already better than them—without our top picks even entering their primes yet.

Reactions: Edge and Leetch3

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Step 1 for Buffalo was firing the coach

Step 2 is selling everything that’s not nailed down over the next 3-4 months

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This isn’t a product of rebuilding, this is a product of an organization without a plan that is poorly run from top to bottom.

Our rebuild started years after the Sabres, and we’re already better than them—without our top picks even entering their primes yet.

This next draft will be the 9th straight season the Sabres will have picked in the top 10.

Not factoring in a trade, the Sabres top pick has been in the 20s a grand total of 3 times this century.

Reactions: Cmox

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I feel bad for Sabres fans thinking bringing in a Gallant/Broudreau/Julian is going to fix all their issues

The issues start at the top on this one

If they bring in Gallant and the culture changes, I will be so mad at Rangers management for not doing it before the Sabres. I know we have had injuries and off ice issues but they haven't been the same since entering the bubble. They don't bring it every game and that's an issue.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If they bring in Gallant and the culture changes, I will be so mad at Rangers management for not doing it before the Sabres. I know we have had injuries and off ice issues but they haven't been the same since entering the bubble. They don't bring it every game and that's an issue.
I don’t think Gallant is going to fix our issues, or the Sabres

The Sabres main issue is at the owner level

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks are starting to enter Buffalo territory but they don't have top end talent like a Dahlin or Eichel, and are missing Gibson and their Top 2 D, so they have their excuses but still. Brutal game last night. Give up a 4-2 lead to then lose 8-4. You'll see it on the MSG 150 I'm sure. Only thing good was the Zegras and Terry chemistry, that line had 3 goals. I can't stay up late for these putrid games, have enough stress watching the Rangers, lol.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Ducks are starting to enter Buffalo territory but they don't have top end talent like a Dahlin or Eichel, and are missing Gibson and their Top 2 D, so they have their excuses but still. Brutal game last night. Give up a 4-2 lead to then lose 8-4. You'll see it on the MSG 150 I'm sure. Only thing good was the Zegras and Terry chemistry, that line had 3 goals. I can't stay up late for these putrid games, have enough stress watching the Rangers, lol.
some real shitty goals Miller gave up, too.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The head coach isn’t “the top”.

They need a total overhaul. Something similar to what the Leafs and Islanders did, (and to an extent the Rangers,) but probably even more extreme.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
he is one of those players I hate because he is on a rival but I would love to have him on the Rangers. awesome find in the 6th round for the Islanders. he is a really good player
Plus it likely will also drive up the cost of acquiring a guy like Foligno and or Jenner as a replacement at the deadline....more so Foligno as Jenner is signed next season . Listening to every Leaf fans in Canada....they already have these guys both ticketed as Maple Leafs .

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
So if one were to still be clinging to any shred of playoff hope, would one be forced to root for the Isles against Philly? Or should one bet against the Isles in whats the start of a brutal schedule against actual teams, while facing adversity? Real Sophies choice for me, I find this divisional playoff format hard to follow when choosing who to root for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad