Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I'd still take Kravtsov over Wahlstrom every time. For a pure goal scorer type of player Wahlstrom hasn't really scored much at any level after juniors thus far.

Now Farabee on the other hand....

SwedeAmerican

Dec 5, 2011
Can someone explain to me how the islanders WON’T win the cup this year? They’re clearly the best team in the league although I realize that recently they’ve gotten fat off the devils and sabres and just lost Lee to injury. I can’t be the only one here who would be devastated (in a sports fandom way, not life way) if they won the cup...

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
These are big games for Philly.

Friedman mentioned on the 31T podcast on Friday that Philly is in “what do we really have here?” mode regarding their approach to buying at the deadline. This group needs to be prove they deserve reinforcements. They’ve lost 4 of their last 5, and that win was in OT.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
“Damn Islanders are playing great, what’s their secret?”

*checks schedule since beginning of March”

Opponents: Devils, Sabres, Sabres, Sabres, Bruins, Devils, Devils, Devils

Reactions: Inferno and Cmox

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
“Damn Islanders are playing great, what’s their secret?”

*checks schedule since beginning of March”

Opponents: Devils, Sabres, Sabres, Sabres, Bruins, Devils, Devils, Devils
true but they are taking care of business, banking these points. You know the Rangers would barely go .500 with that kind of schedule. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat. Up until now they've also been the healthiest team in the league it feels like. At least in the division.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
true but they are taking care of business, banking these points. You know the Rangers would barely go .500 with that kind of schedule. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat. Up until now they've also been the healthiest team in the league it feels like. At least in the division.
That is true, you gotta bank those points. But still other than Ottawa these are literally the two worst teams in the league and they’ve played them almost exclusively for their last 8 games. If they didn’t win these games that would be saying a lot more.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Kaprizov and Zucc have turned Rask into a real center. I mean probably anyone would be producing right now with those two.
Mats Zuccarello tallies the first assist on Rask's goal, extending his assist streak to three games (5a). He has 18 points (4-14=18) in the last 14 games, ranking T-2nd in the NHL in scoring since Feb. 18.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I absolutely despise how familiar Canjolosi gets with the players while calling the game. “Jack” “PK” “Goose.” Completely unprofessional.

Reactions: Cmox

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Wait, they called back that Subban OT goal?? Lmao, turned the game off right after but Twitter is saying the Isles won

Reggiet2

Jan 20, 2019
Devils can't do anything right. Subban OT winner ruled out for offside, then they lose in the shootout after NYI was down to their last shot.

Wahlstrom with the winner. Islanders already had the highest punchable faces/60 in the NHL, and he's just another to add to the pile.
Whalstrom is another Mark Stone in the making, with a better shot!

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Stutzle > Laf at the moment.

yada yada yada secondary assists, he's driving the play every shift. Even strength and on the PP. Lafreniere is invisible often throughout a game. Stutzle very noticeable every time he's on the ice.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stutzle with one of the prettiest assists you will ever see. On the pp of course Given plenty of space and time to show what he has and makes it happen. Would be nice for one of our young stars to get to start a pp like that.
I saw that goal. It came on after the Avs-Kings game.

He's good but he's basically quarterbacking their powerplay.

Take nothing away from Stuztle, but the difference in opportunity is pretty profound.

The Sens' approach to it seems to be "we're going to give him every opportunity to build his confidence and if he messes up just f*** it" whereas the Rangers seem to be approaching it along the lines of "our kids have to learn this, this, and this before we trust them."

Plus, our powerplay usage is just weird. We have our unit and that's it. We don't use the second unit, really, and doesn't matter how much the first unit struggles.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Plus it's worth mentioning that Batherson put that shot right through the net. Zibanejad would have fired it into his left leg.

Reactions: leetch99

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I saw that goal. It came on after the Avs-Kings game.

He's good but he's basically quarterbacking their powerplay.

Take nothing away from Stuztle, but the difference in opportunity is pretty profound.

The Sens' approach to it seems to be "we're going to give him every opportunity to build his confidence and if he messes up just f*** it" whereas the Rangers seem to be approaching it along the lines of "our kids have to learn this, this, and this before we trust them."

Plus, our powerplay usage is just weird. We have our unit and that's it. We don't use the second unit, really, and doesn't matter how much the first unit struggles.

Exactly my point. These kids struggle with no space and time. Give a kid with that kind of talent space and time along the half wall and pretty amazing things can happen. And who knows maybe that boosts a 19 year olds confidence!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Stutzle > Laf at the moment.

yada yada yada secondary assists, he's driving the play every shift. Even strength and on the PP. Lafreniere is invisible often throughout a game. Stutzle very noticeable every time he's on the ice.
Stutzle has more jump and speed to his game no doubt. Is that a product of the style the sens play vs Quinn's IDK. I knew the Stutzle would be the most electrifying player in the draft I just hope Laf will be the better overall player and at least match his offensive production.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->