Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pionk did a thing again.
He’s gonna put up .8-.9 ppg this year. Yes I know Winnipeg has some great players up front but I don’t give a shit. He’s one of the most improved dmen in hockey

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
IF Taylor Hall ever shows interest in playing for the Rangers please Gorts and JD. STAY AWAY.

Reactions: bl02

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really hate these divisions and season. Have to play these bird brains 3 more times.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I’m at the point when any mention of a Canadian team player putting up points I sorta say to myself “ But it’s the no defense division”. This season should have asterisks next to stats. It’s definitely fun but I sorta don’t take it seriously. Am I just salty?

Reactions: bl02

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
To continue here.

ESPN/ESPN+/ABC with NBC/USA/Peacock ( or Fox ) is a win for the NHL

NOW.... just to get gate receipts, concessions, merchandise etc to the point where orgs can pay bills... its a good start though

The players are going to owe A LOT of money... Tactically speaking, we should be signing all of our core players to 8 year deals ( Laf, Kakko, Fox, KAM etc ). So, their value will be insane once the Players pay back everything and the cap normalizes based off of actual revenue.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
@duhmetreE

Answering your earlier question, if the escrow balance is paid off before the term of this current CBA, both sides need to come to agreement on how to raise the upper limit:

• Upper Limit will remain at $81.5 Million until Preliminary HRR for the just completed League Year surpasses $3.3 Billion.
• For any League Year where Preliminary HRR is between $3.3 Billion and $4.8 Billion, the Upper Limit for the following League Year shall be between $81.5 Million and $82.5 Million on a pro rata basis (e.g., if Preliminary HRR is $4.05 Billion, the Upper Limit will be $82 Million).
• Once Preliminary HRR for the immediately preceding League Year surpasses $4.8 Billion, the Upper Limit will increase by $1 Million per League Year until the Escrow Balance is paid off.
The parties can agree to increase the Upper Limit in excess of $1 Million in order to allow for a smoother transition into the ‘Lag’ formula.

Prior to COVID, HRR was ~5B. Next year's HRR will see if clearing the escrow balance is remotely possible in the current term.

Reactions: duhmetreE

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There goes the North again. Draisaitl should have about 10 points by nights end.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Boom just like that Zucc and Kaprizov combine for pp goal in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad