Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Jack Hughes with a filthy snipe against the Penguins. No one can argue this kid isn’t legit.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
So if one were to still be clinging to any shred of playoff hope, would one be forced to root for the Isles against Philly? Or should one bet against the Isles in whats the start of a brutal schedule against actual teams, while facing adversity? Real Sophies choice for me, I find this divisional playoff format hard to follow when choosing who to root for
For me it’s easy: root for the Islanders. You want the team(s) closest to us to lose.
So go Devils, Islanders, and Buffalo.

Reactions: Kords

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jack Hughes with a filthy snipe against the Penguins. No one can argue this kid isn’t legit.
He is definitely dangerous and offensively a terrific player. Not sure he’s all around a two way center yet. But of course could change in time.
3-0 devils nice job

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Byram-Makar is just jaw dropping shit...
I couldn’t decide which was funnier so I’m just posting both:

upload_2021-3-18_21-57-53.png

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
upload_2021-3-18_22-50-26.png

“Who’s the challenger? Josh Norris, a real dark horse in my mind. He’s been the opposite of Kaprizov, putting up remarkable underlying numbers - especially defensively, where he ranks in the 99th percentile of WAR - without the gaudy point totals to match. That’s not to say he isn’t producing, and a 40 point 82-game pace is perfectly respectable considering his defensive play. If he can continue to drive play in Ottawa’s top six like this he might have a legitimate case by the end of the season. He has comparable production to flashier rookie and teammate Tim Stützle but the opposite analytical profile (the young German has the second-worst playdriving numbers in the league).

Picking the Midseason NHL Awards Using Analytics

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Healthy Avs are really fun to watch. A clinic in puck movement. TBL v AVS final would be fun to watch.
Still missing EJ and Francouz. EJ not really a problem with the way Byram has stepped in, but Sakic has to address the goalie situation. Grubauer is playing great, but there's no backup. Miska has been playing worse than Georgiev on his worst nights. 5 starts, save percentage like 83%, giving up over 4 goals per game.

Sakic needs to get a goalie even if Francouz gets back, other than that they are set up for a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad