Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Zegras gets his first goal, and Drysdale 2 assists already in his debut. Why can't this shit ever happen to us. Oh and both of them are on PP1
I was told young guys like that rarely get those chances. You know they have to earn it.
It’s a damn joke. We draft probably the most talented player we will draft in our lifetime and he can’t even sniff meaningful pp time on a teams who’s pp is lifeless

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I was told young guys like that rarely get those chances. You know they have to earn it.
It’s a damn joke. We draft probably the most talented player we will draft in our lifetime and he can’t even sniff meaningful pp time on a teams who’s pp is lifeless

To be fair, Laf had a very similar goal where he was in tight and out-waited the goalie before lifting the puck in.

Reactions: ArPanet and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
To be fair, Laf had a very similar goal where he was in tight and out-waited the goalie before lifting the puck in.
Yes it was gorgeous and super skilled. Waiting for more of them. I believe it was against Washington so maybe this weekend?!
Those are the kind of goals hopefully Kakko will score since he has the hands and size to do it.

Reactions: will1066

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
McDavid is good for at least 3 points a night. Insane production.
The absolute ease with which he blows by people and scores goals just doesn’t compute in my brain. It just looks completely different than any player I’ve ever seen. Both shots tonight were just these absurd releases while bearing down at high speed and they look so effortless. It’s just amazing to watch.

Last edited:

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Yes it was gorgeous and super skilled. Waiting for more of them. I believe it was against Washington so maybe this weekend?!
Those are the kind of goals hopefully Kakko will score since he has the hands and size to do it.

Yes, it was the one against the Caps, plus he was stationary too.

Reactions: bl02

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
absolutely nothing special about his goal. I've scored goals like this.
I wouldn’t go that far, but I do think that was more of an “IQ” goal than it was a skill/hands goal. The vast majority of players don’t make the indirect play there, just go for the straight deflection.

I do agree that this is similar to “the pass” though in that we’re all praying for these flashes and therefore willing to go a bit overboard when he does something good.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not allowed to drool over that Zegras goal right? Good lord those hands.

Really big night for Anaheim, as I said in the main forum, they really needed a night like this, has been a really bad this season with all their injuries and whatnot. Drysdale and Zegras getting their 1st NHL goals back to back was huge.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Colorado is the 4th youngest team in the league.

What the hell, man.
I know, right? Amazing. Wishful thinking here but when we sink to 4th (prob wont happen for some time though) we will be quite the solid team. There is such a thing as "being too young". And maybe thats where we are right now.

I fully expect a Rangers/Avalanche Cup final someday in the not too distant future.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
McDavid is good for at least 3 points a night. Insane production.
It is amazing and not to take anything away from him and his production but I cannot fathom the same vs better defensive teams in other divisions. Kind of feel sorry for any team that has to face him & Draisatl for what......9 games? Absurd and he seems to be getting better. Is that possible?

Reactions: Cmox

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Since we love posting every postive Stutzle play in here, going to be a NYR homer and do the opposite for a second because it caught my eye.

Guess who is #1 in the entire league at 5v5 (score & venue adjusted) shot attempts against per 60 min? Is the kid even entering the defensive zone?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Zegras has been good but not great. Still learning on the NHL level but that was a nice goal.

Was more impressed with Drysdale.. this is his 1st goal but the shift that led up to it..

Was very, Foxy? Lol

If only Fox had elite skating like that, he'd win 10 consecutive Norri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad