Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Simon+Despres+Anaheim+Ducks+v+New+Jersey+Devils+ZyePBWB94AZl.jpg

Just because.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Ducks vs Bolts would be the most entertaining final in a long long time. Its a shame nobody would watch it :laugh:

It would be a better series than Hawks vs Rangers, I know I'd watch a Ducks/Bolts Final, I'm rooting for it, can't say the same thing about the other two teams :laugh:. I'd watch ether Final because I love hockey but I would be happier with the Ducks and Lightning, a lot of us would be.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Could it be that the analytical moron(s) that sent Després to the Ducks basically handed them the cup? Seriously, this may very well tip the balance in their favor as teams are so closely matched. Behold Fatty's GWG for instance & i had the Bolts winning the cup but now i'm not so sure anymore. Tampa plays well vs WC teams but this horrendous trade just might have tipped the balance in Duck's favor.

Of course this is assuming the refs don't **** either team before the SCF.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Would a Tampa/Anaheim final be the worst since Anaheim/Ottawa for ratings or was the Kings vs Devils even more of a ratings dud?

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
It would be a better series than Hawks vs Rangers, I know I'd watch a Ducks/Bolts Final, I'm rooting for it, can't say the same thing about the other two teams :laugh:. I'd watch ether Final because I love hockey but I would be happier with the Ducks and Lightning, a lot of us would be.

Agreed. I'm pulling for a Cali vs. Florida matchup. Despres last night, I didn't know whether to cry or wind my watch. I don't wear a watch... Ducks all the way baby.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gordie, you're actually the worst troll in history. Find a new angle, your shtick is stale.

And if you're being sincere... Good lord.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Despres worship here is embarrassing. Trying to remove some of the sillyness in case other fans of other teams see this stuff.

All that really needs to be said is that he was put on the ice for the final shift against the Blackhawks. He's not some superstar, but he's a good player that our organization refused to give the chance to prove it. We're an organization with very little internally developed talent. Despres was one of the few bright spots in that regard, and the organization blew it. We've wanted to see him do well here for a few years now. I still want to see him do well now that he's gone.

That said, I'd probably be rooting for the Bolts. I love Johnson and Palat.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If you can't see through the satire and hyperbole to understand where all of the anger is coming from regarding the Despres deal, you're beyond help. I suggest heading on over to the Pens' facebook page or r/penguins on reddit. Probably more your speed with regard to intelligent, insightful hockey discussion and analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad