Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Re: Shady about the Oilers

Lowe's new job isn't related to Hockey Ops. The business side is stuff like season ticket holder relations and managing sponsors. Chiarella will provide some adult supervision for MacT. If the get a legit coach in there I think they look pretty good as far as staff goes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I still don't know if we had a shot at him, or if he would have been happy playing wing, but man... Kesler is a monster. Exactly the type of guy we need.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So the new Las Vegas team will be black gold and grey. That's awesome... Nothing like having 2 identical teams. I wonder if we'll try to counter this somehow.

Or if it'll be like the Rangers and caps both being red white and blue. I just don't see how their home jersey will be anything other than mainly black with gold trim. At least the Rangers and caps have different primary colors.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
So the new Las Vegas team will be black gold and grey. That's awesome... Nothing like having 2 identical teams. I wonder if we'll try to counter this somehow.

Or if it'll be like the Rangers and caps both being red white and blue. I just don't see how their home jersey will be anything other than mainly black with gold trim. At least the Rangers and caps have different primary colors.

Hey, at least now they can take "Vegas gold" and we have a reason to transition our "Pittsburgh gold" thirds to our mains.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
s2v3pv.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
**** it, give the Vegas team the ugly baby food yellow.

Guess we'll just have to settle with going back to the throwbacks permanently. Shucks.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I finally figured it out.
I watched Tarasenko, Lehtera, Sekac, Gaudreau and for some odd reason they get interference and holding calls called in their favor all the time. Our winger group is much too slow. Scoring may be down but I am just not seeing much clutching happening to other teams going unnoticed.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Ovechkin with a questionable hit on Tavares. He then stands there admiring his hit along with his d-man allowing the front of the net to remain wide open in front of Holtby and the Islanders score because of it. Well done.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hey, at least now they can take "Vegas gold" and we have a reason to transition our "Pittsburgh gold" thirds to our mains.

Time to retire the stupid vegas gold/black jerseys and make the 3rd jerseys our new home jerseys and make an away version.

Vegas can have it.
I still don't know if we had a shot at him, or if he would have been happy playing wing, but man... Kesler is a monster. Exactly the type of guy we need.

Have you watched him enough? Just curious. He's a selfish player, he really doesn't elevate his linemates and the Canucks were ok moving on from him because of that. You see it with Anaheim too. So if you have Kesler, you really can't put wingers that are goal scorers with him at all.

I mean a perfect winger for Kesler would be Prospal type or our own a Bennett type. Guys that are going to get him the puck and find him.

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I never felt threatened by the Lightning, even with all their weapons up front. They may have been able to outscore the league but they're still in the 07 Penguins development stage. They've got some horses, but they need another year of playing together.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Neal opens the scoring. The Hawks defence just standing there and Darling didn't even move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln