Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Unfortunately that part has been forgotten.

I mean the trade was obviously brutal and just the word 'Morrow' is enough to rightfully make any Penguins fan blood boil...but Morrow was easily the best of the rentals until his knee gave out.

didn't his kneecap crack or something crazy?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Stevie Y has done an absolutely tremendous job in his short tenure so far. Don't they also have something crazy like 19 picks over the next two drafts? Also Drouin + Vasilevsky waiting in the wings. Unreal.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Stevie Y has done an absolutely tremendous job in his short tenure so far. Don't they also have something crazy like 19 picks over the next two drafts? Also Drouin + Vasilevsky waiting in the wings. Unreal.

Yup, something like 17 picks over the next 2 years. Crazy and like you said with a future star like Drouin not even dressing. A great job he has done and they're only getting better which sucks!

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
So funny seeing Rangers fan going crazy about how bad Lundqvist has been in the last two games. They know they are in trouble. I've been very impressed with how the bolts have made Lundqvist move, I hope the pens management are taking notes ... never mind the management is probably sleeping through the whole playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So funny seeing Rangers fan going crazy about how bad Lundqvist has been in the last two games. They know they are in trouble. I've been very impressed with how the bolts have made Lundqvist move, I hope the pens management are taking notes ... never mind the management is probably sleeping through the whole playoffs.

Lundqvist is quite possibly the most overrated goaltender in the league. The Rangers, year after year, have played a system that benefitted him. I am going to enjoy Tampa lighting them up and have them all freaked.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Lundqvist is quite possibly the most overrated goaltender in the league. The Rangers, year after year, have played a system that benefitted him. I am going to enjoy Tampa lighting them up and have them all freaked.

:laugh: Indeed. Anaheim game about to start, they need this game IMO. Going down 2-1 to the Hawks is not ideal for any group. I wouldn't mind staying up all night for another epic OT (go Ducks), then watch F1 practice from Monte Carlo in the AM. :nod:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Blackhawks are doing great at using their D to block up the outlets for the wingers receiving the puck low in the zone. Even though the Ducks D are doing well at anticipating, the 2nd and 3rd passes have been picked off a lot.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Doc gets in two distinct Pittsburgh references within 10 seconds.

Despres reference and then Saad.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
It's terrible that the Ducks traded Lovejoy for a player that could not help the Penguins in the playoffs...

#disgruntledpensfan

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ducks look like they got this one locked down. Hawks can't get near the net.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The Hawks have had so many lucky bounces give them opportunities. They haven't created many opportunities on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad