Around the NHL Part XII: Playoff Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Didn't watch the game but Hawks had 4PP & Ducks 2, were the refs fair?

The one time the Ducks had the lead, down 3-1 and scored three goals in 37 seconds, it seemed that the refs immediately took the whistles out and looked for an opportunity to call a game management penalty. Chicago got a PP from a laughable jersey tug penalty and scored. Off to OT.

I don't want to come across as a conspiracy guy but this is happening so frequently that it is difficult to not become cynical about such things.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The one time the Ducks had the lead, down 3-1 and scored three goals in 37 seconds, it seemed that the refs immediately took the whistles out and looked for an opportunity to call a game management penalty. Chicago got a PP from a laughable jersey tug penalty and scored. Off to OT.

I don't want to come across as a conspiracy guy but this is happening so frequently that it is difficult to not become cynical about such things.

That's exactly what happened. The jersey tug is so ticky tacky. They don't call the obstruction thought neutral zone but grab onto the jersey for a split second and off to the box. I mean it's a penalty but when you let the other stuff go, you have to tell that go.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

It's no secret that the league wants the Hawks and Rags in the SCF. Just watch how the games are reffed. It's a ****ing joke.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
This game has been kinda boring. Hoping the Rangers get a goal here to make it exciting.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I don't think either of these teams can beat Anaheim or Chicago.

I think for at least the second year in a row, the best two teams left play in the WCF. (probably third year in a row)

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space

I think for at least the second year in a row, the best two teams left play in the WCF.

I think the Bolts have more adaptability power than you think, behold the 'quality' of this win over the Rags after the other game's puck fest.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think the Bolts have more adaptability power than you think, behold the 'quality' of this win over the Rags after the other game's puck fest.

Possibly. It's tough to say, because it was against the Rangers who are a very good team, but imo, not in the class of the two West teams left.

But who knows, maybe the East gets in there and takes it this year. That's why they play the games.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
It is kinda interesting to see several Pens fans claim that the league has directed the refs to cheat for a specific team(s), especially when that is a label that HF conspiracy theorists have leveled against the Penguins for years.

Does the league cheat to manufacture a favorable TV ratings matchup? I dunno I don't see that. Do the refs suck? Yeah, but I don't think they are cheating.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
It is kinda interesting to see several Pens fans claim that the league has directed the refs to cheat for a specific team(s), especially when that is a label that HF conspiracy theorists have leveled against the Penguins for years.

Does the league cheat to manufacture a favorable TV ratings matchup? I dunno I don't see that. Do the refs suck? Yeah, but I don't think they are cheating.

The name of the game, corruption brah, corruption.

That & don't piss'em off.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hate TSN and their "Statistically speaking" articles, does a child write those?

I love how people were like "Lundqvist answered, now it's it's Bishop's turn..."

How do they like his response?

Suck a fat one rangers...finish this Tampa, don't pull a Penguins/Capitals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yzerman should win the GM award for the fantastic job he's done. That team can adapt to any and every team in the league it seems and it's how well he's built that team. So many guys are still developing too and on the roster.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The ref favoring a certain team cuz the league wants them to continue on is pure hogwash. Refs do, however, favor certain players/coaches. Big reason why they stuck it to the Pens this year was the treatment they were getting from the Pens and namely it's stars. Sid/Letang and a little Geno mixed in with Downie always yapping at them.

I do think the refs favor the Hawks and coach Q over the sometimes whiney Perry and Getzlaf.

Last edited:

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Yea baby! Go Tampa! Now if the ducks can also win tonight, that would be great. I'm rooting for a Ducks-Tampa Final.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I think for at least the second year in a row, the best two teams left play in the WCF. (probably third year in a row)

The only angle I see with your point is if Tampa can withstand Anaheim's brute force. That's it. But can Anaheim keep up with that speed?

The Rangers still are not there, and it really comes down to certain high profile players being more or less non factors than they should be.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Seems like Disco can have the Buffalo job if he wants it.

I'd take it if i was him, they got a bright future, the worst part of there rebuild is over.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think of all the teams with coaching vacancies, Buffalo is by far the worst possible fit for Bylsma.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Who in the world sees Bylsma, of all people, as a good fit in Buffalo? All he has to work with are promising, talented, young players. That's like his ****ing kryptonite.

The man is good at getting blood from a stone, so to speak, but he cannot for the life of him get the most out of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad