Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Panthers are really bad for a team with a decent amount of talent. Perhaps firing Gallant was a bad idea.
Definitely. Sick of hearing for years now how teams like the Canes and Panthers are gonna turn it around.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll be sitting here doing something else and randomly start thinking about LA in 2014.

As long as I live, I'll never come to terms with that.

We had two games flat out stolen from us by the refs. But listening to the main boards you'd think they played an ECHL team. The mainboards think the Rangers suck because their brains don't work beyond seeing big names.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I blame San Jose.
They are a very close 2nd for me. I hate that damn team since Thornton like Heisted Jagr's MVP in 06 from him. Art Ross too. Plus his comments about us being the softest team in the league during the Torts years. Torts had a beautiful retort for that remark.

Reactions: bl02

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
This week in Kermit sipping tea: Bolts fans have grown quite an ego for a team that hasn't won anything.

I'm sure for the greater good it's better for us if they win...but, screw it, let's pick up an additional couple of 1st rounders and I hope they never sniff a Cup.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Really thought this was the season they would trunr it up a notch. Losing Trocheck hurts, but they need to find ways to win which they aren't doing.

I see a team with a number of very good individual parts --- players who can post good numbers and catch your eye.

What I don't see is a cohesive team, or guys who can put a team on their back and carry them, or will the team to win.

The Panthers are a team with the same fatal flaw that many teams have had over the years, they're built around individual skill and not necessarily built like a machine.

The former wins all-star games and exhibitions. The latter wins in the playoffs.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I see a team with a number of very good individual parts --- players who can post good numbers and catch your eye.

What I don't see is a cohesive team, or guys who can put a team on their back and carry them, or will the team to win.

The Panthers are a team with the same fatal flaw that many teams have had over the years, they're built around individual skill and not necessarily built like a machine.

The former wins all-star games and exhibitions. The latter wins in the playoffs.

They certainly don't play as a cohesive unit. Definatly skill there, and its spread out in their lineup. Their top 6 is legit. Looks like there is depth throughout the forward lines actually. Baybe Barkov wasn't the right choice for the C. Maybe Huberdeau should wear it? ...But they just find ways to underachieve.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Bruce Boudreau needs to start taking care of his health. I haven’t seen him in awhile and getting a glimpse on the On The Fly was shocking. He’s looking like a walking heart attack or a stroke.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

A good coach to organization them and get them playing a cohesive styel could go a long way. Maybe a guy like Gerard Gallant. Oh...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
A good coach to organization them and get them playing a cohesive styel could go a long way. Maybe a guy like Gerard Gallant. Oh...

Yeah, that's definitely in the "root problems" category as well.

One of the other challenges the Panthers have is there ability to generate depth.

Since 2012, they've had only one player taken after the first round skate in more than 100 NHL games --- and that guy is a bottom six forward for them. In theory, that number should increase to two this season, but that's not exactly a track record to brag about.

They're also not a team that's been terribly active in filling in their holes via trades and free agency, so the holes persist between pockets of really good skill.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
devils down 3-0 already haha. Didn't they just tank/luck into Nico two years ago? jeez. There Roster is in much worse shape compared to ours IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad