Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Between Sauer and Wilson, I think the league should consider doing something about helmet straps.

They're grandfathered in visors, they're penalizing tilting the visor up. Some regulation regarding helmet security might be useful.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
You just knew the moment Sauer was going down with his head exposed to the edge of the board on the back of his head that it was never going to end well.

I'm sorry to say but Wilson was long overdue to have something happen to him. Now if that goon had his helmet on properly. this wouldn't be an issue. Late hit? sure. Dirty hit? not at all.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You know--I really don't see Reaves changing his path on that. To me it's more like Wilson didn't see him than Reaves blindsiding him. Wilson was going at some speed, makes his play and spins right into Reaves path who doesn't try to avoid hitting him but why should he? and anyway you see that big jackass and knowing his history coming right at you what would you think? (I'd be thinking what's this f***er trying to pull? is what) and Reaves obviously loved really belting him but again I don't really see Reaves changing his path and he doesn't hit him high at all. It wasn't particularly malicious and it wasn't predatory. That's not suspension worthy to me. I think the interference major/game misconduct was more than enough.

And by the way if Wilson is concussed---too bad. It might be the only way he'll ever learn.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
You know--I really don't see Reaves changing his path on that. To me it's more like Wilson didn't see him than Reaves blindsiding him. Wilson was going at some speed, makes his play and spins right into Reaves path who doesn't try to avoid hitting him but why should he? and anyway you see that big jackass and knowing his history coming right at you what would you think? (I'd be thinking what's this ****er trying to pull? is what) and Reaves obviously loved really belting him but again I don't really see Reaves changing his path and he doesn't hit him high at all. It wasn't particularly malicious and it wasn't predatory. That's not suspension worthy to me. I think the interference major/game misconduct was more than enough.

And by the way if Wilson is concussed---too bad. It might be the only way he'll ever learn.
Strap your goddamn helmet on and stop being an idiot. He also was being a little chucklef*** and tried running Reaves earlier in the game, but Reaves popped him with a reverse hit.

Reaves was an antagonist here and will probably get suspended, but Wilson wasn’t an innocent angel last night. He had his share of shenanigans.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Wilson got Wilson’d and Reirdan’s quote made me chuckle, essentially the same argument he used to defend Wilson the other night used to condemn Reaves this time.

Reactions: RaXp

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Wilson seems to have like zero concerns about injuring other players regardless of the situation, game, who he is targeting, anything really. Reeves while certainly no angel in his own right, I never had the impression that he was actively trying to injure other players unless some situation transpired where he probably thought he was reacting to something more so than initiating it.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Man, f*** that guy. If it was anyone else I’d feel bad. Watching Reeves licking his chops to land that hit was BRUTAL. He had it coming.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

2CAA07C7D3305FFB712FE0E1F26FF2F9274C96B1

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Wilson actually takes a ton of dirty hits. There's compilations of Youtube. Of course he's made himself a target for other goons by being such a goon himself, but man he takes some brutal hits I almost feel bad for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad