Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
not gonna happen with jim benning

love how you're critical of the rangers while I'm the opposite and here we are. 90% of my posts is ****ting about Benning the other 10% is chytil

imagine Pettersson/Horvat/Boeser/Hughes/Ehlers/Tkachuk. Tanking in this golden era of young players is great as long as you have a COMPETENT GM that can build around them like Dubas/Shanny
I always find these posts kinda silly.
If we got tkachuk, we would not have been as bad for EP40.
If we got Ehlers or nylander, we would not be as bad for tkachuk.

You can't just pick and choose after drafts on which players were the picks, thats not realistic.
No gm in history bats 100%.

Jimbo sucks at a ton of things, but drafting is not one of them.

Also, Rangers are closer than people think, If they can find a #1 center in the future, they have a bright team.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I always find these posts kinda silly.
If we got tkachuk, we would not have been as bad for EP40.
If we got Ehlers or nylander, we would not be as bad for tkachuk.

You can't just pick and choose after drafts on which players were the picks, thats not realistic.
No gm in history bats 100%.

Jimbo sucks at a ton of things, but drafting is not one of them.

Also, Rangers are closer than people think, If they can find a #1 center in the future, they have a bright team.
William Nylander played 22 games in Tkachuk's draft eligible season. Ehlers didn't crack 40 points.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
William Nylander played 22 games in Tkachuk's draft eligible season. Ehlers didn't crack 40 points.
Every team is different, Who knows what nylander would have done on vancouver or ehlers, or tkachuk for that matter.

They could go on tears, or be worse.

I still think we would not draft in those spots if we had those players imo.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Every team is different, Who knows what nylander would have done on vancouver or ehlers, or tkachuk for that matter.

They could go on tears, or be worse.

I still think we would not draft in those spots if we had those players imo.
Maybe you climb 3 spots in the standings and your number gets pulled 2nd...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Eh, Strome has been good offensively. Hasn’t been nearly as pretty with the puck.

I see a kid who still has some major holes in his game, but like his brother, he’s not with the team that took him with a high pick.

That changes things quite a bit.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
kings and hawks stink it up yet again. At least the Canucks won

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
kings and hawks stink it up yet again. At least the Canucks won

At about 30 or so games played, there's some interesting clubs at the bottoms of their respective division/conference.

West
LA i figured would have a tough go but not this bad. They are OLD! 9 members of that roster over 30. 2 More turning 30 this year.
Really thought Chicago was going to bounce back this year, but at this stage of the seasons they are dead last in the Western conf with a whopping 9 wins on the season.
St Louis i expected to be a much better club this year. Wheels haven't fell off the bus yet, but the tires are deflated and the engine light is on.

East
Jersey i really thought was going to climb out of the cellar. Was dead wrong, as of now they are dead last.
Philly with all the talk of this club becoming a big market team again just can't get out of their own way.

Reactions: egelband

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
At about 30 or so games played, there's some interesting clubs at the bottoms of their respective division/conference.

West
LA i figured would have a tough go but not this bad. They are OLD! 9 members of that roster over 30. 2 More turning 30 this year.
Really thought Chicago was going to bounce back this year, but at this stage of the seasons they are dead last in the Western conf with a whopping 9 wins on the season.
St Louis i expected to be a much better club this year. Wheels haven't fell off the bus yet, but the tires are deflated and the engine light is on.

East
Jersey i really thought was going to climb out of the cellar. Was dead wrong, as of now they are dead last.
Philly with all the talk of this club becoming a big market team again just can't get out of their own way.
Philly is the real "purgatory" team.

They have been a bubble team for the better part of a decade now. Never good enough to really compete, never bad enough to amass elite talent. Even their cup run year in 2010, they were a bubble team that got hot.

Their best players are all around 30 years old. The time for them to win is now, and they aren't.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Philly is the real "purgatory" team.

They have been a bubble team for the better part of a decade now. Never good enough to really compete, never bad enough to amass elite talent. Even their cup run year in 2010, they were a bubble team that got hot.

Their best players are all around 30 years old. The time for them to win is now, and they aren't.

Beautifully stated. Makes me feel so much better about us never winning. They’ll be stuck until they get a goalie who can actually win a hockey game, let alone playoff series.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Draisaitl. Backhand blue-to-blue cross-ice sauce. Ridiculous.

This is a play that will probably not turn too many heads, but for anyone that has played the game at a reasonable high level, the absurdity of this play should really stand out. That pass was ridiculous, and the speed at which the overall play occurred is just stupid. These players are so, so, so good.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
This is a play that will probably not turn too many heads, but for anyone that has played the game at a reasonable high level, the absurdity of this play should really stand out. That pass was ridiculous, and the speed at which the overall play occurred is just stupid. These players are so, so, so good.

Amazing play. Insane that they’re just kids.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
They fired the wrong person
It's starting to look like they fired hextall for social and cultural reasons, not team construction. Holmgren wanted a reason to cut him loose and he used their record. Now they need to get a goalie, go on a run and then they can say, "see, we were right". If they fire hakstol now and then start winning, they fired the wrong guy. The guy that fixed the cap a drafted their future core. Then they fired the guy that didn't let them eat wings and wouldn't employ flyer alum that want to punch a face for wins.

Reactions: NCRanger

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And Klefbom is out again.

Really liked the kid in his draft year, but getting this kid to play more than 70 games a season feels like an uphill battle.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Draisaitl pass > Tony Hawk’s first 900.

One of the best I’ve seen all season.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Bad scoreboard night. Canes suck, Panthers suck, Kings really suck, Canucks losing in third and yes the Coyotes are still garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille