Around the NHL - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
FLA picks up 2, PIT picks up 2, LAK picks up 1, DET/NYI in SO. Hopefully we get slammed by the Knights tomorrow.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Speaking of Edmonton, Alex Chiasson has 14 goals in 27 games played. He's already beaten his career high of 13 goals in 79 games back with Dallas. He's shooting an unsustainable 30.4% right now!
Mario Lemieux shot 19% in 915 games.

I just think that's insane.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
That explains the delay in firing hakstol relative to hextall. They probably called Q weekly, asking if he was ready yet.

Crawford incoming to Philly? 31 thoughts was just saying his timeline marries nicely to the coming of the all great and powerful Carter Hart.

They are going to blow out their prospect pool making a premature run. I was resigned to philly winning a cup when they hired hextall. Now I can rest easy again.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don’t trust Smith , one of the most hot and cold goalies out there. But can that team ever score goals. Super jealous.

Yeah some of the geniuses on this board* thought that Carolina took them to the cleaners in that off season trade. Elias Lindholm only needed to get out of Calgary to figure it out.

*I was one of those geniuses.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don’t trust Smith , one of the most hot and cold goalies out there. But can that team ever score goals. Super jealous.
Yeah I don't see how Smith can take them far. Boy Hank would look good with that offense tho ;)
Too bad they couldn't play well last year when they gifted the Islanders Dobson

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah some of the geniuses on this board* thought that Carolina took them to the cleaners in that off season trade. Elias Lindholm only needed to get out of Calgary to figure it out.

If Fox turns out to be a top pairing or very very good top 4 guy/Strong pp guy then both teams did well for sure. At only 24 years old and over a ppg pace Lindholm is looking like the steal of the trade.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ryan O'Reily seems to have a negative impact everywhere he goes whether intentional or not.
To be fair, the Avs and Sabres when he was there were the worst team in the NHL at the time, and he was traded as part of massive overhauls.

Now he finds himself on another rebuilding team.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

I was killing Carolina at the time the deal was made. They gave up a top 6 forward that was a former top pick and a young, top 4 stud two way defenseman for the next 10 years that was also a top pick for a defenseman similar to what they already had in Faulk, a bottom six forward, and a prospect that probably won't sign for them.

Calgary killed that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad